PDA

View Full Version : Norm McMillan 1923 gamer first triple at Yankee Stadium

JCC1968
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi

I just picked up this Norm McMillan game used bat from 1922 or 1923. It is a great bat. Norm was the first batter to hit a triple in the New Yankees Stadium. This bat could of been there? I am thinking about who ever gets the first triple at the New Yankees stadium 2009 to have them sign the bat. What do you think?

Jason

http://www.leftfieldcollectibles.com/lfc/vintagebats/images/vb01414.jpg

corsairs22
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I think that a great old bat like that has integrity of its own and doesn't need a current player's autograph to bring its significance to light. In fact, I think ia signiture would distract the viewer from taking in the age and beauty of the bat. But this is only my way of thinking about it. What I might do is find out who hit the first single and first double in the Stadium and try to track down their bats.

ndevlin
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Jason, my man. Isnt this pretty much the same situation as your Doerr bat? Well, I'll give my opinion again--- I wouldnt have anyone sign it. Even if he was still alive, I wouldnt have him sign it. And like always, its personal preference. Just do what you want to do with it.

On a different note, could this possibly be a bat from Charles McMillan, Ed McMillan, or Tom McMillan? As well as about 3 other players that were pitchers with that last name?

JCC1968
05-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Nate

Man are my problems in life more interesting then the other post on here?This bat was from 1922 to 1923 my man norm was it and the bat is solid..talk to you later

Nate Dogg

ncoote
06-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I am looking for Norm "Bub" Mcmillan memorabilia. Thanks