PDA

View Full Version : Help w/New Nationals Park...

jshortt
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey guys,

I'm heading to D.C. in June, and just wanted some help with the new park. Can anybody tell me where the visiting team's entrance is? I'm thinking about trying to head down for some pre-game autographs, and was just curious about location, procedure, ease of approaching players, etc.

Any info that you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

jshortt
05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Anybody? Please? If you'd rather drop me an email instead, let me know, and I'll post my address.

Thanks,
Josh

Vintagedeputy
05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
I've only been there once. I think Andrew (allstarsplus) is the man to ask.

allstarsplus
05-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I've only been there once. I think Andrew (allstarsplus) is the man to ask.

Josh - Email me what games you are going to and if we can meet up I will try to help out.

The visitors bus will generally pull up to Gate A which is the Gate between the stadium and the river.

Center Field gates open 2½ hours prior to the start of the game; however, from 2½ hours before the game to 1½ hours before the game starts you are only allowed in the outfield area. At 1½ hours prior to the start of the game all other gates and areas of the park will open.

I'm thinking about trying to head down for some pre-game autographs, and was just curious about location, procedure, ease of approaching players, etc.

Getting players autographs outside of the stadium is always hit or miss and getting them inside the stadium is really based more on particular players signing habits.

Good luck!!!

COBrien95
06-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Any new info on here? Can taxis go inside the gate or do visiting players have to get out and walk unimpeded, as in Baltimore?

allstarsplus
06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
The players lot is Lot A and next to it is the entry point where the buses pull inside the stadium going through a huge garage door.

There is a guard gate at Lot A and they will wave cabs into the lot.

Hope that helps.

COBrien95
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks. So it's hit or miss with visiting players choosing to sign or not, I guess.

What time for a 7:10 game will visiting players start to show up?

allstarsplus
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks. So it's hit or miss with visiting players choosing to sign or not, I guess.

What time for a 7:10 game will visiting players start to show up?

The home players have to be there by 3PM and I think on the field at 3:30 for a 7:05 game and each visiting team usually arrives together on a bus about 3:30 to 4:30PM and you have no chance to get them on the bus as they pull inside.

Best place is the team hotel for the visitors.

As far as signing at the ballpark, if you are coming for Visitors, wear their colors and hang near their dugout during BP. Most will sign.

COBrien95
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks so much for the tips.

As far as the visiting team hotel...what's the situation there? Is security a hassle? Can you just wait in the lobby?

COBrien95
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Andrew -- or others -- please drop me an e-mail at bchapel14@hotmail.com if you can help. I will only be graphing when my favorite team is in town so it's not like I'll be around all the time, and I already know the name and location of the visiting team hotels. Just wanted some tips for the how security is, whether or not lobby access is available, etc. Thanks!