Mothers day game used bat Photos - Interesting!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Mothers day game used bat Photos - Interesting!!!

Hey Guys,

I was doing a serch for something else on Getty and for some reason these photos popped up but its pretty intereting. These were the bats to be used for the Mothers day game. Interestingly enough these photos were taken previous to the game.

Notice how one already has hit marks on it and another one is already signed.

• ballofbases@hotmail.com
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Mothers day game used bat Photos - Interesting!!!

Link???

Comment

• Birdbats
      • Nov 2005

These bats could be from previous years. I say that because I heard (during the Cardinals television broadcast on Mother's Day) that Rawlings didn't make pink bats this year. That would mean the Sheffield bat couldn't be from 2008. Don't know that for a fact, but it could be an explanation. Does anyone know for sure whether there were pink Rawlings bats this year?
      Jeff Scott
      birdbats@charter.net
      http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• BMH
        • Jul 2007

I did not see any Rawlings this year, I know they have changed owners again and the new ones might not have liked the idea of giving away bats for free.
        Brian Hillerich

Comment

• cjmedina1
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BMH
          I did not see any Rawlings this year, I know they have changed owners again and the new ones might not have liked the idea of giving away bats for free.
          Its a good idea and Rawlings should follow suite.It would also be nice if they happen to keep track of players bats records to release the info.

Carlie Medina III
          carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

This photo was taken during the Mother's Day game between the A's and Yankees. This pink bat does not belong to any particular player but has tar on the handle. The barrel is stamped "Mother's Day 2008" with Louisville slugger on the underneath.

BMH, were these generic Mother's Day bats given out to the teams for publicity and may have ended up being used by players who didn't get signature or block letter bats of their own personal models?

Thanks
            -David
            Attached Files
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...