PDA

View Full Version : Needle in Haystack? Question

BergerKing22784
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Well I was looking on ebay at bats today and there is a Walt Weiss game used bat and it has his # 22 on the knob.. I thought he was # 45 because that is the # on my Weiss bat. Well I look it up and looked at many pictures and yes # 22 is his # from when he was with the Braves. I looked at the years he played for the Braves and the only # 45s on the roster was Paul Byrd and Terry Mullholland... Anyone know or have proof these guys used a Walt Weiss bat? I know its a longshot but I figure if its was used by one of them I might go ahead and get it signed by them.

Thanks,
Brian

WadeInBmore
05-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Brian,

Funny you bring this up. I have a Larry Sheets Cooper bat that I had signed by Larry about 6 months ago. He took a hold of the bat, smiled, even took a couple of half swings with it. I then brought up the fact that #88 was on the knob and not #18 (Larry's number). His smile grew bigger and then said that Renee Gonzalez must have "borrowed" this bat, broke it and didn't tell him about it!!!

It was cool to get a story to go along with the bat. I have no proof for your Weiss bat however if you got it signed I'm sure that the story would come out and it will be great fun for all.

wade