PDA

View Full Version : I Found Pete Incaviglia Last Night

intheminors
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
He thought there might be instructions on how not to strike out underneath the plate...

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-28348

hblakewolf
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Back in 2000, I attended our local minor league game where our Somerset Patriots (managed by Sparky Lyle) played the Nashua Pride, in hopes of having Incaviglia sign his game used Phillies helmet. during BP, I asked him to sign the helmet, however, he only had interest in chatting with the high school age girls in the front row. After BP, he came back on the field in a muscle T (the only player not wearing their game jersey) and continued his chats with the young ladies (girls?). Total atendance at this point could not have been more than 500 people in the stadium. He looked at me, pumped up his chest, and refused. He then left the field, and returned a few minutes later before the game. I was not more than 12 inches from him in the front row, but again, he never acknowledged me and was strictly looking to make small talk with any young girl he could. I literally shoved the helmet in his face, and explained that it was his Phillies gamer and his autograph would be appreciated. Although he did sign it, there is no way to tell it's his sig. I also have a fe Philies jerseys that were obtained from the Phillies charities with his sig., and they're almost as bad.

I've had dozen's of ex MLB players sign for me at our local stadium, and all have been great. Incaviglia ranks up there with Lancaster Banrstormer's pitching coach Rick Wise as one of the most unfriendly, nasty individuals who has played in our city (I have never seen Wise sign one autograph at our stadium in the last 4 seasons, before or after the game!).

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net