PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr. 500th Game Used Home Run Baseballs – missing & presumed stolen

MrOct44
02-28-2006, 08:48 PM
In October, I responded to an autograph signing by Ken Griffey, Jr. advertised on a prominent on-line autograph site for an event benefiting a charity in Nevada. I submitted two baseballs used in Junior’s 500th home run game to be signed. The MLB hologram numbers are MR248665 and MR248658. I have photos of both balls taken before I sent them in. To date, no signing has occurred and I, as well as several others, have not received our merchandise back. The promoter has disappeared. Should you encounter either of these two baseballs, please contact me. I will provide a reward. Complaints have been filed with the FBI by several of those that submitted merchandise. The on-line autograph site has been very helpful in trying to get our merchandise back. Thank you for your help.

kylehess10
02-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow dude that sucks. I'll definetely be on the lookout for those balls.

skipcareyisfat
03-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Who was the promoter?

MrOct44
03-28-2006, 08:13 AM
The promoter was Ron Jackson working with the Henderson Little League in Henderson Nevada. This situation has gone from bad to worse with the promoters promising by phone and email that items would be returned and then they just stopped communicating. This activity has been reported to the FBI, USPS and IRS (as they were claiming funds would go to Katrina vicitms). This is very sad as the Little League's name was dragged through the mud and lots of people lost money and merchandise. Be aware of any Ken Griffey merchandise that might suddenly pop in to the market.