PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

yanks12025
06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok so i have made a couple of posts about the new A-rod game used bat that i bought. Well i was looking at it closer and i noticed on the knob you can see a faded number. I cant really tell what number it is, but its either 14,24 or 44. And then you can see where it was covered up with a black marker. Also throughout the bat there's little paint cipping which some one has also painted over with a black marker. I know the seller did not do any of this because i found the same bat in a lelands auction back in 2005. And they said nothing about the faded number on the knob. Now the reason im telling you guys this is because im not very satisfied with the bat and in his auction listing he wrote that he gives a 3-day satisfaction return policy minus shipping, but after a email to him he told me no. Would do you guys think i should do. Also he included a personal letter of authenticity that states the batboy/team this bat was obtained from but like i said already i found the same bat in a lelands auction. Here is the listing. I know it still may have been used my arod but that number just dont make me happy about it. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350059978533&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

platinum1
06-01-2008, 01:41 PM
That's easy file a claim with Paypal if you are not satisfied with the bat. But hurry before its to late

yanks12025
06-01-2008, 01:59 PM
How long uld i wait till i escalate this dispute to a claim with PayPal.

3arod13
06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
How long uld i wait till i escalate this dispute to a claim with PayPal.

I believe it's 7-10 days. If seller doesn't respond, you automatically win and get your money back. If seller responds, mediator decided.

I filed a few disputes and won everything. If mediators believe the description of the auction wasn't completely honest, you should win.

Be patient. Process takes a little time, but well worth it.

Sad the seller states refund, then says no.

yanks12025
06-01-2008, 02:07 PM
One more thing if anyone else bought a big name player bat like this and then found a faded number(not of that player) would you be mad also and ask for your refund or would you just move on.

yanks12025
06-01-2008, 02:45 PM
We worked it out. Thanks

platinum1
06-01-2008, 02:52 PM
One more thing if anyone else bought a big name player bat like this and then found a faded number(not of that player) would you be mad also and ask for your refund or would you just move on.
YEAH. Almost all collectors when they buy something check the item carefully just to make sure they didnt get ripped off, game used ,etc...
I'm thinking the seller wasnt happy with the bat either and tried to dump it on ebay.

platinum1
06-03-2008, 01:58 AM
WOW How fast did you return the bat
http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Game-Used-Texas-Rangers-Bat-Yankees-C271_W0QQitemZ350066655007QQihZ022QQcategoryZ60596 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The bat is back up again with no mention about the faded number on the knob

yanks12025
06-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Still in the mail should be to him in a day or so. Well this bat is in the next mastro auction and theres a number on its knob also. And they say it marks the weight. So maybe thats what a-rod did with that bat. but the weight was not 14,24 or 44.

http://mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=83140&LastLotListing=Lot%20List%20Categories&CurrentRow=21

3arod13
06-03-2008, 05:19 AM
We worked it out. Thanks

Good for you. However, seller relisted the bat without adding the info/problems you found with the bat. Sad!

Fnazxc0114
06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
i think the person selling the bat is a member here. it wouldnt be the first time a memeber here tried to pull a fast one on somebody.

yanks12025
06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
I just looked at the new auction and its sad. He took off his 3 day return policy, bidder names is private. So this leads me to believe that he did try to pull a fast one on me. If i was anyone here i would stay away from his Jeter bat and also his A-rod bat.

platinum1
06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
i think the person selling the bat is a member here. it wouldnt be the first time a memeber here tried to pull a fast one on somebody.
I'm also sure he is . I think there is going to be alot less bids this time around

jetersbatboy
06-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm taking yank advise and staying away from the jeter. I almost made a big mastake and used ths buy it now with checking it out. I hope more people check this forum before making a mistake. The price keeps going up and the bids keep coming in. Thanks yank

viperjody
06-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I am the seller of both items. I wanted to clear up any confusion regarding the AROD bat in question. I bought this bat from originally on eBay in 2007. The seller was a batboy and had proof of his credentials. When I received the bat, I never saw either of the problems the person who purchased it on eBay has complained about, and I felt I examined the bat carefully. I was shocked, yet I agreed to take the bat back after some hesitation because I took detailed photos of this item and did not see either issues. I relisted the bat even though I have not received it back in hopes that the buyer did not make accurate claims or was just in-correct. I would be more than happy to edit the listing when it arrives and infact it is as he says.

In regards to the Jeter bat, it is as described and was returned by the original buyer because he said it did not have any pine tar or enough use for his personal taste. Rather than deal with an angry buyer, I also refunded his money and re-listed. I don't deal in memorabilia anymore and was just cleaning out my closet to make room for my new hobby, so I am not posting this to clear my name and I don't care for any other opinions, just wanted to provide an explanation. Frankly, the items are great for their value, it is not like he paid $1000 for an AROD bat or $2500 for the Jeter, so lets be real. Cheers!

joelsabi
06-03-2008, 05:36 PM
so I am not posting this to clear my name and I don't care for any other opinions, just wanted to provide an explanation. Frankly, the items are great for their value, it is not like he paid $1000 for an AROD bat or $2500 for the Jeter, so lets be real. Cheers!

Frankly I cannot believe you believe this items is great for their value.

3arod13
06-03-2008, 06:16 PM

Joel, bet I know what auction you're watching on ebay!!!

yanks12025
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM

Ok I'm alittle lost here, what are you trying to get with the quote above. Thanks and i know im alittle slow.

joelsabi
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok I'm alittle lost here, what are you trying to get with the quote above. Thanks and i know im alittle slow.

didnt you say that there was another number on the knob that couldnt be arod's? wouldnt that make the bat not of value to a arod collector? the original owner seem to be excusing himself for trying to pawn this off on someone else and saying it has value. i was just disagreeing with him. glad you got your money back. might have been different if you didnt use your credit card.