PDA

View Full Version : Chipper Jones jersey on eBay....MANY problems

kylehess10
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I see a lot of problems with the Chipper Jones jersey on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290235776714&_trksid=p2759.l1259

1: The Braves used strip tagging in 2005. The flag tags were used at times but only for call-ups from what I've seen.

2. The lettering on the nameplate is block, when in 2005 the Braves used arched lettering.

3. The "1" is a style which I've never seen the Braves use before

4. "JONES" is the wrong size and too thick

5. The seller states it was purchased directly from the team store in Atlanta. The only team store is the Atlanta Braves Clubhouse Store in CNN (and also one at the stadium). In 2005 until sometime in 2006, they issued LOA's with their game worn jerseys, so this should have an LOA from the Braves if purchased from them.

MikeSimon
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
What's with the seller's camera? Most of the photos are foggy or out of focus!

jgoldstein2000
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
This kind of thread is extremely helpful. Thanks!

kylehess10
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
What a great guy, atleast we know he isn't one of those frauds, and is trying to get the info correct for this jersey before selling it to another collector. Here's his response to a message I sent him:

"Hi, wow, I just noticed what you are talking about and you are correct. I apologize for putting it up as a gamer. I try to go with what I know and I bought this jersey off of ebay a while back and the seller told me exactly the same things that I wrote in the auction description - game worn, bought at Braves store, etc. Once again, I apologize, I will relist the item with the knowledge I have now. I try my best to keep the game worn hobby credible and I apologize for not double checking these things before I posted it. I just took the previous seller's word for it. Thank you for the clarification, Garrett"

kylehess10
06-03-2008, 01:54 AM
The jersey has now been relisted as a regular signed jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chipper-Jones-Autographed-Braves-Jersey_W0QQitemZ290235856697QQihZ019QQcategoryZ248 87QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller had sent me another e-mail informing me that he knew it was too good to be true when he originally purchased the jersey for $200. Too good to be true is right! Chipper Jones' jerseys are going for $800+ a piece.