PDA

View Full Version : Players Buying there own items

platinum1
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone ever sold a game used item to a player before?
I just recently sold a Jon Rauch game used jersey to no other then Jon Rauch. I thought it was a mistake when I pulled up the invoice. I had to refresh the page twice

allstarsplus
06-03-2008, 04:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone ever sold a game used item to a player before?
I just recently sold a Jon Rauch game used jersey to no other then Jon Rauch. I thought it was a mistake when I pulled up the invoice. I had to refresh the page twice

Very cool! Congrats on the sale! At 6'11" inches, that jersey must have been huge. I own a full jersey/pants set of his from the Nationals.

I have sold to players before, but not their own items. My favorite sale of all time was for a Muhammad Ali painting. An agent for the player made the request and then the check arrived which was direct from the player (which I made a copy of) which was very cool. It was a famous basketball player Hall-of-Famer (a little taller than Jon Rauch lol).

The one thing I have noticed about players buying habits on eBay is that players will buy from other players. One player told me that occassionally he would check eBay to see what items show up under his name.

bigtruck260
06-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I won a set of blue-prints from Jim Edmond's restaraunt - 15 on Locust last year on eBay.

They were very large, and I had no place for them, so I put them in my eBay store when I had it up.

I started getting emails like.."How are you certain that they are the real deal?" and "Don't you think Jimmy would be upset?" and finally one person asked to meet me in person to look at them. We were talking over the phone for a week...and he posed as an interested buyer.

Finally, before the meeting was to happen, the guy introduced himself as Mark Winfield - co-owner of the restaraunt with Edmonds. They had been planning to play a major joke on me, and try to scare me half to death. Seems that the prints were stolen from the job site, and they thought I had been the one who lifted them.

I directed them to the original eBay listing, and we had a laugh. Turns out, it was Jimmy emaling me via eBay the whole time.

He told me I could keep the prints as long as I didn't sell them. I went to eat at 15 in December, and gave the prints back to Mark personally. It's a nice place, but pretty pricey... good food.

worldchamps
06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I sold Khalid El Amin one of his game worn jerseys, actually to his wife. She was super nice, I had two, but she only wanted one. She wanted one from every team he played for.

platinum1
06-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I won a set of blue-prints from Jim Edmond's restaraunt - 15 on Locust last year on eBay.

They were very large, and I had no place for them, so I put them in my eBay store when I had it up.

I started getting emails like.."How are you certain that they are the real deal?" and "Don't you think Jimmy would be upset?" and finally one person asked to meet me in person to look at them. We were talking over the phone for a week...and he posed as an interested buyer.

Finally, before the meeting was to happen, the guy introduced himself as Mark Winfield - co-owner of the restaraunt with Edmonds. They had been planning to play a major joke on me, and try to scare me half to death. Seems that the prints were stolen from the job site, and they thought I had been the one who lifted them.

I directed them to the original eBay listing, and we had a laugh. Turns out, it was Jimmy emaling me via eBay the whole time.

He told me I could keep the prints as long as I didn't sell them. I went to eat at 15 in December, and gave the prints back to Mark personally. It's a nice place, but pretty pricey... good food.
WOW That's funny. Some others players would of really gotten upset and would of tried to sue. But it sounds like Edmonds is really cool.

bigtruck260
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
WOW That's funny. Some others players would of really gotten upset and would of tried to sue. But it sounds like Edmonds is really cool.

I think after I emailed Mark the original eBay listing that I won - he was understanding. Now, If I had been the original seller...

The original listing said that they were not stolen, they were discovered in a trash can. Again, another honest eBay seller.

From everything I have ever heard, Jim is very laid back, and cool. So it didn't suprise me.