PDA

View Full Version : Ask BMH section or sticky thread

metsbats
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Because I work in IT I'm always looking for ways to improve and make things easier for users.

BHM is a real asset to the GUF and it's great to be able to ask Brian questions regarding HB bats. With the increase in the questions and posts asking BMH questions, how about an "Ask BMH" section or sticky thread?

It'll make it easier for posting and Brian can see all the questions in one thread and we as users can locate this wealth of info much quickly in one spot.

What do the Admins think?

Thanks
David

shoremen44
06-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I think it is a good idea, but I think alot of members either forget or don't know that they can post in the bat records and let others answer. Brian is a huge resource and a pleasure to have on here, but he doesn't need to answer every question.

Vintagedeputy
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I have been noticing the crazy increase in the amount of questions for BMH, and I'm worried that we may be overloading him.

He is a tremendous asset to us here and the fact that he has been so forthcoming with info and records is a real treat. I just dont want to see him get burned out and disgusted. Remember, he works with bats all day. It may get old........

With that said, BMH - I sent you a PM with a question :) (sorry, had to jump on the bandwagon)

Jim

mariner_gamers
06-07-2008, 02:39 AM
In the short time I have been on this forum I have been amazed at the number of requests Mr. Hillerich fields. We need a way to consolidate requests so he doesn't burn out before he addresses Mario Mendoza and his bat orders....Ok perhaps I am the only one interested in Mendoza but you get the picture!!!

Thanks Brian!!
Davis

metsbats
06-07-2008, 12:45 PM
My suggestions intention was not to put Brian on the spot or commit him to answering all our questions but just to make it easier for all of us to access the information in one place. To shoreman44's excellent point BMH would be under no obligation to answer any of the post put into the common place which is no different than today.

After some thought I think we already have that mechanism in place.

Perhaps it would just be as simple as just posting BHM questions into the bat records section as it was intended. This way we have all SMEs (Mike S. Jim C, and Brian) view the questions and we view the answers all in one place.

David

BMH
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Keeping it in the records section is probably the best bet. Plus, in many cases Mike has easier access to the information you guys are looking for. I also enjoy reading his posts, his posts are very detailed and very informative. Mine are direct and to the point. There are also many others on this board who have contributed great amounts of knowledge and I feel it would be offending them and their efforts to make this board better if we made a section for questions to me.

I haven't had as much time lately to enjoy baseball as I'd like. With current lawsuits, Maple issues, Museum renovation, and new executive directives from our board of directors it has been busy. Plus, my main area of focus is on bats after 2003 when I took over the Pro area. Most things before that I have to look up and the new order system we use doesn't give me much information or I should say I'm not authorized to look deep into records.

Anyway, I may not be on much for the next two weeks. I leave for Puerto Alverta, Mexico tomorrow and the following week I'm on a cruise so internet access might be very limited. Need to recharge the batteries before Fanfest...It's been a hectic Spring.