PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Braves Jersey

schubert1970
06-08-2008, 11:15 AM
When you look to purchase a Braves gamer from '05 thru today, does it matter what set the jersey came from? I notice s1, s2, s3 etc. Just wondring if that makes any difference.

txs

Bill

schubert1970
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I should have said game used, not gamer.

hiramman
06-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Personally, I'm partial to sets 1 & 2, but from what I've been told and from the jerseys I've seen over the years it really doesn't matter. I've seen actual authentic game-used set1's & set2's with very little wear if any and set2's & set3's with ton's of wear. I personally just wouldn't be happy with some of the set7's, set8's thru set20's I've seen offered for sale. Set1 & set2 doesn't stand for jersey #1 & jersey#2. Set1 can consist of 3 or 4 jerseys or more, just depending on how many jerseys were ordered for that particular player. Set2 is a 2nd order of jerseys and can consist of 3 or 4 more jerseys or more. So on & so on.

BergerKing22784
06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
You guys would hate me if I was a prof baseball player! I'd make it be had in my contract I want 162 jerseys a year and if team makes play offs one for every play off game. At the end of the season I am going to cause a riot sit outside ther stadium and give them away inscribed with my particular stats for that day!

schubert1970
06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
According to some members, ARoD, Pudge and Pal all ready did some of that with the Rangers.

allstarsplus
06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
You guys would hate me if I was a prof baseball player! I'd make it be had in my contract I want 162 jerseys a year and if team makes play offs one for every play off game. At the end of the season I am going to cause a riot sit outside ther stadium and give them away inscribed with my particular stats for that day!

BergerKing - Kind of like Gilbert Arenas "Agent Zero" of the Washington Wizards who throws his game used jersey into the stands after each game (only they don't have his stats or sig), and oh yah the women like it when he walks off the court wearing only his shorts and Adidas kicks.

Agent Zero has a personal collection of about 500 basketball jerseys. He has the one worn by Wilt Chamberlain when he scored 100 points in a game. And he has Chicago Bulls jerseys in three colors worn by Michael Jordan in 1984. He was eager to buy a “Pistol Pete” Maravich jersey but balked at the $100,000 price tag. At a game with the Utah Jazz, he asked Greg Ostertag, a journeyman center, for a jersey. The team’s trainer was surprised: “How many jerseys must someone have to come out and ask for a jersey from Greg Ostertag?”

BergerKing22784
06-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah Gilbert would be my inspiration for that. I watch him all the time throwing the jerseys into the stands. I am actually surprized more of his jerseys dont end up on ebay. I keep an eye out I want to buy one I figure they are not in short supply so the price wont be to bad for one.