PDA

View Full Version : Props to Tim! My New Uggla Gamer!

scottanservitz
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Ok. So as many of us do on this forum, we buy and sell and trade game used bats and jerseys on a daily basis. Sometimes the deals are good, sometimes not as good as we would like. I recently bought a gameused Dan Uggla bat from one of our own. Now mind you, I have bought from a few others on here and I can honestly say they all were great transactions. Now why don't I just tell everyone I got a nice new piece and show a pic and move on, well I want others to know where they can go and get a great piece from somebody who actually wants the buyer to be completely satisfied. I emailed Tim Byington at Hall of Fame bats and offer on one of his bats. It was a fair price and I told him how I came up with a $ amount. He checked on my info and countered a price and how he came up with his amount. I was satisfied with his counter offer. He gave me options on payment and I promptly sent out a check. He knew me from some emails we've had a while back and said he'd send out the bat as soon as he received my payment. In the meantime he sold another bat and asked if he could wait to send the bat out once the other payment arrived so as not to have to go to the post office twice. With the price of gas I said no problem. In the meantime Tim gives me added information on my bat and when it was used and how Dan did in the series while using this bat. He also emailed with DC # when he mailed it. Now this doesn't sound so out of the ordinary, but recently most sellers don't take the time to keep buyers up to date and the extra effort to make sure they are apprised at where the whole process is. I want to personally thank Tim for the time and effort he gave me in our deal! The bat arrived today and I am totally happy with how things went. If you are looking for a gamer I would highly recommend anyone to take the time to check out Tim's website. He is an excellent seller! Thanks for listening.
Scott

AWA85
06-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I will second this, Tim has been great with his customers. He took time out to help photo match one of my Adam Dunn bats awhile back and sent me numerous photos of different at bats from when it was used. Tim also sold me one of my favorite items in my collection, which is my Jay Bruce bat. He was willing to wait for payment and had great communication. Today many people are worried about a buck, but Tim is great with customers. I also would recommend him and his site to anyone!

10thMan
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I`ve bought several Gamers from Tim, Including a 1998 Photomatched Sosa Gamer. When I bought it he told me it came Directly from a Bat-Boy, I never doubted it! I have a 1996 Boggs Gamer that is as good as they get, several guys want it.

Tim has helped me several times when I think others wouldn`t have...
Thanks!

Sean

jgoldstein2000
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I have to concur. Tim rocks!

ndevlin
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
All well said. I would never worry about getting bats from Tim. He knows his stuff and does his research on items. I actually dont understand why people buy crappy gamers of their favorite player when they are questioning the authenticity, then to only find out its not the real deal. Check Tim's site out, he may just have what you are looking for, and you wont have to question the authenticity! Drop him a line of a player your looking for, he'll keep an eye out for it.

Not only have I bought bats from Tim, but have asked him so many questions that even annoy myself most of the time. Tim has been more than kind to take the time to answer my questions.

mariner_gamers
06-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Just dealt with Tim for the first time and his service is incredible. He responded to my emails within minutes and got my purchase to me in two days!! The Y. Betancourt gamer I purchased is AWESOME!! Thanks Tim!!!

Davis

kj33706
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
how about his web adress i wouldn't mind checking out what he has

SkubeBats
06-16-2008, 08:33 PM
KJ33706,
Give me an email and I will give you Tim's web adress.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com