Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broome1000
    • Sep 2007

Another Questionable Arod from Zanebats

Here is another bat that zanebats is misrepresenting. Everyone knows he only uses these in batting practice.
  • broome1000
    • Sep 2007

Re: Another Questionable Arod from Zanebats

Originally posted by broome1000
    Here is another bat that zanebats is misrepresenting. Everyone knows he only uses these in batting practice.
    Sorry I forgot the link.

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

He mentions that it is either game or batting practice used. It doesn't seem to questionable.
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

MLB standards account for the term game used to include BP bats.

People need to get off Zane's back.

Comment

• broome1000
          • Sep 2007

He knows it's a batting practice bat. Reputable people don't need to play word games. Why mislead people into thinking it's a game used bat?

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

He clearly says that its either a game used or BP bat.

You said "he knows its a batting practice bat" - how can you judge what he knows? Are you inside his head? Privy to his private thoughts?

How do YOU know that it absolutely was not used in a major league game by Arod? Do you have video footage of every single Arod at bat? Isnt it somewhat possible that Arod could have used it in bp AND/OR a game?

In 2007, Willie Harris went 6 for 6 in a game for the Braves. For 3 of those hits, he used a souvenir bat that he got from the clubhouse man. If someone put up a game used "souvenir bat" on ebay and said that Willie Harris used it, would you have proof that he didnt? The point is, no one knows every single bat used in every official at bat by a particular player, no matter how much you follow him. You go with the player's general traits and hope for the best.

MLB rules consider a bp bat to be game used. Zane could have only called it a game used bat and would have been well within the guidelines of what MLB does. He went above and beyond and said that it also could be a bp bat. Kudos to Zane.

Like I said, people need to get off his back.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
              • Aug 2007

would you spend that kind of money on a bat that didnt show arods characteristics. zane may be a good guy, but this isnt the first time hes listed bats with game use that showed none if very little. im not a fan of the yankees but from what ive seen discussed on this board arod uses black bats in the games. bat rack streaks dont mean it was used in a game
              Baseball do what it do
              -Ron Washington

Comment

• GoTigers
                • Aug 2007

Another beauty from Zane... Griffey Jr. bat with the 125 underlined

Ebay #190228926263

Why do people stick up for this guy?
                Thanks,
                Jimmy

Email:
                jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Comment

• SkubeBats
                  Banned
                  • May 2006

He has to know that he is misleading people on some of his items he sells. If he wants to keep his good name then why would you do this. Doesn't he know that we as a group are starting to catch onto his little game. You would think he would stop before he does do to much damage to his name. I think the money is all he cares about and nothing else. WHAT A SHAME!!
                  Thanks,
                  Jamie

Comment

• broome1000
                    • Sep 2007

You seem to be the expert. Show me one picture of Arod using a blonde G174 in a game within the last year and I will print out a copy of this thread and eat it. This question was raised repeatedly last season and no one could find anything other than Arod using anything other than a black C271 or P72 last season. You obviously don't know what you are talking about or maybe you are one of Zane's aliases.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by broome1000
                      You seem to be the expert. Show me one picture of Arod using a blonde G174 in a game within the last year and I will print out a copy of this thread and eat it. This question was raised repeatedly last season and no one could find anything other than Arod using anything other than a black C271 or P72 last season. You obviously don't know what you are talking about or maybe you are one of Zane's aliases.

I will assume that you are refering to me in this statement, so I will address it:

1) I never claimed to be an expert, just giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who has done right by me in bat deals and who is one of the most widely known dealers of game used bats.

2) While the idea of watching you digest crumpled balls of recycled paper tickles me to no end, I have neither the inclination or desire to spend my evening searching through photos to placate your intent on bashing Zane.

3) For someone with a mighty 31 posts under your belt, you have alot of nerve bashing Zane and then accusing me of not knowning what I'm talking about and/or hiding behind a Zane alias. I'm well aware of Arod's bat traits as is any veteran member of this forum. What I have tried to do is to explain to you that players do not do things exactly the same way every time and will alter their bat habits occassionally. You have zero proof to discredit Zane's statement that it could be a game used bat or just a bp bat. I have also explained to you that MLB standards include bp bats as "game used" and while we may not like that designation, we know and accept it.

It seems that as of late, we have some people (count yourself in this one) who are members of this site for all of 10 minutes and who want nothing more than to stir up trouble. This site provides a wealth of knowledge to collectors and brings together those who share a common interest and love of the memoribilia. If you wish nothing more than lighting spot fires, please take it to the Beckett or PSA boards where it will be welcomed.

Comment

• metsbats
                        • Nov 2005

I found this from a previous thread regarding Arod's use of blonde bats during games..

-David
                        Attached Files
                        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
                          I found this from a previous thread regarding Arod's use of blonde bats during games..

-David
                          Nice work David!

He's also wearing a Posada wrist band, but I guess broome1000 will say that he never did that either.

Comment

• broome1000
                            • Sep 2007

If you are so confident that it could be a gamer it should be a breeze to come up with some photo proof of Arod using a blond bat over the past year. I have seen people here photo proof an item in 5 minutes or less. Getty is full of photos. The fact is just because you have over 1500 posts doesn't make you right. I have seen every ebay scam and Zane's wording is intentionally deceptive. Why doesn't the bat say game used or come with a C.O.A.? Everyone knows it's an Arod batting practice model bat. For all anyone know's Zane could have bought it new and used it in his own back yard.

Comment

• SkubeBats
                              Banned
                              • May 2006

Metsbats,
                              You can't tell what company bat he is has there. So it might be another bat company and not a L.S. Gi74 like the one he is selling so this picture doesn't do any good on this subject. It just shows he used a blond bat and you don't even know if this is a regular game or spring training?
                              Thanks,
                              Jamie

Comment

Working...