PDA

View Full Version : LumberJackKitz

Game Used Bats
06-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been tracking this sellers ebay auctions for about two years now and I have seen a disturbing trend. It seems that the bats all show the use. If you look at his/her auctions the application of moto stick is in the same spot on every bat. Has anyone on the forum purchased a bat from this seller? Any thoughts?

Anthony

Birdbats
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Anthony,

Do a search of Forum threads for "lumberjackkitz" and you'll find a couple threads of interest.

I would proceed with caution.

nate
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
A few problems with the longoria bat. The should be pine tar on the handle with marks from shaving it. Also the knob sticker is missing. Here is one that looks good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVAN-LONGORIA-SIGNED-AUTO-GAME-USED-2008-SAM-BAT_W0QQitemZ110261521275QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

matt
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Interesting you raise this seller and the moto. I was looking at his Pedroia bat last week, and the tar application is nice an heavy, but stops cleanly well before the centerbrand. This struck me as weird since Pedroia seems to come from the George Brett school of pine tar. His sticks usually have pine tar well past the centerprand and in a whitish, irregular, messy pattern. This one looks like it was carefully applied.

Might be nothing at all, but gives me pause. I also noted that this is the 1st Pedroia signature LS I have seen. All his LS 318 M9's bats till now have been full name in capital letters.

Matt

kellsox
06-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I own several Pedroia bats and all of them have heavy tar covering the centerbrand. They also all have a much heavier application on the lower handle than the photo in the description( looks to be little). Pedroia has used signature models for most of the 08 season.
kelly
kelspeck@gmail.com