PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP Me!!!

frikativ54
06-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Hey There Fellow Collectors,

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to store my items. I have a display case where I currently keep my batting gloves, wristbands, and cleats. But the way it's designed, dust can still get in there, since the doors don't close all the way. Here is what I am talking about:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/BagwellDisplay.jpg

I want to display my cleats front-on and don't want to ruin them with dust. What should I do? I also want to keep the moths and dust away.

My second problem is that I am getting the following in the mail sometime this week or next week.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Bagwell20032.jpg

I guess it's not a problem to get a game-used jersey, but I am really struggling with how to display/protect it. I am either going get a Majestic garment bag or display it in a shadowbox. I want to save my money for another purchase, but above all, I want to keep the autograph in pristine shape, and I don't want moths eating my jersey for dinner.

Help me: how should I protect my items?

kylehess10
06-16-2008, 05:13 AM
I make my own cases which to good in protecting my collection:

http://gameused.webs.com/howtomakeanicecase.htm

Even though I haven't added it yet to the page, you can also use thick plastics sheets at walmart if you don't wanna spend a lot of the plexi glass. To cover a whole case with the plastic it would only cost about $3-$4 instead of the $40 for plexi glass.

frikativ54
06-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Still looking for help. If you have any detailed thoughts, you can also email me.

Thanks!

mattmueller
06-17-2008, 05:58 AM
If you are looking to shadow box the jersey, I would again recommend Jersey Pro. They are more expensive than a bag, but I think offer a good combination of protection as well as being able to display a nice jersey. One downside is that you would need a decent amount of wall space to hang it.

With the case you have shown, are the doors flush with the shelf inside? If not, to seal the contents from dust, and I suppose from moths too, you could purchase a piece of clear plastic from your local hardware store. Get a piece that is as long as the doors are tall, and as wide as the wood frame plus an inch to cover the gap. Then just glue the piece in place behind the door. This will make you always have to close the doors the same way, and may not be all that pretty, but it will seal it up for you.

frikativ54
06-17-2008, 06:07 AM
With the case you have shown, are the doors flush with the shelf inside? If not, to seal the contents from dust, and I suppose from moths too, you could purchase a piece of clear plastic from your local hardware store. Get a piece that is as long as the doors are tall, and as wide as the wood frame plus an inch to cover the gap. Then just glue the piece in place behind the door. This will make you always have to close the doors the same way, and may not be all that pretty, but it will seal it up for you.

How then do I get into the case to move things around and add items to my display shelf? I have an open space in the bottom right corner, and I have an item in mind to fill that.