PDA

View Full Version : Positive experiences through GUU!

tknorm
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Here is a new thread inended to spread some positive karma...

Through this forum I have learned alot of useful information about what to look for in sports memorabilia. I am also happy to have made several connections through purchases and e-mails.

A thank you goes out to All Stars Plus who sold me nice tickets for my family to catch a game at the new Washington Nationals stadium on a long weekend vacation. We also met up with Cammy Collector to watch BP, as he and I are the two fools that collect Mike Cameron memorabilia, which is moving with the stock market lately. It was fun to be there to see Cam autograph a game-used top from his days with the Birmingham Barons for Cammy Collector!

Earlier in the day, I met another good guy in the community, Mark Hayne, for lunch. Mark had sold me a couple of jerseys in my collection and has been a nice resource, and just good guy to chat with.

Thanks GUU

dcrules01
06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Andrew has helped me so much the last few years.He is a top notch guy in the hobby and I am only better for knowing him.There is no one better imo and I look forward to meeting him in person very soon..Thank You Andrew

allstarsplus
06-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Here is a new thread inended to spread some positive karma...

Through this forum I have learned alot of useful information about what to look for in sports memorabilia. I am also happy to have made several connections through purchases and e-mails.

A thank you goes out to All Stars Plus who sold me nice tickets for my family to catch a game at the new Washington Nationals stadium on a long weekend vacation.
Thanks GUU

Tommy - Great Post and glad to have helped with the tickets and did you catch a HR ball????

There is so much more good that goes on here than gets Posted because we do so much behind the scenes as you have pointed out.

I have to give a huge THANKS to Greg who knew I collected Nats items and sent me an Opening Day coin. It was a great gesture and so much appreciated!

I have to also give a big big thanks to MarkFD who has been a tireless volunteer for the Leukemia/Lymphoma charity. I invited Mark to a Nationals Leukemia/Lymphoma event with a friend of his and between Mark and his friend they stepped up in a huge way and were the top 2 in money raised that evening.

Jim VintageDeputy is always there for me when I need a 2nd opinion and I appreciate his support.

DCRules Scott and SgtHalliburton Jason are 2 more great collectors that are so enthusiastic and make this hobby so great!

Still hoping to meet up with more of you!!!!

tknorm
06-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Andrew,

Wily Mo hit a screamer line drive home run about 10 seats away that night. My wife had just taken the kids up for a bathroom break and missed it. Even worse, the guy who ended up with it was with a group of 4 other guys who had gone up for beers. When they came back with their drinks, he had a great "guess what you just missed story" with a ball to boot!

Tommy