PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cameron 2007 Louisville Slugger C271

tknorm
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I feel lucky to have found this bat. As a Mike Cameron collector, I have seen him switch models and brands of bats over his career. He used mostly Louisville Sluggers in his early career from 95 to 2000 or so. He started using Rawlings bats in mid 99 when alot of players started using the brand that McGwire was using.

He has used many different models of Lousiville Sluggers: C271, C235, C243, I13, S318, J116, M356. Maybe there are others. Sure seems like alot of models.

In 2004 he switched to X-bats after trying one of Todd Zeile's bats, and has mostly used that ever since, though I have seen him use a Marucci this year a couple of times.

Last year when he was in a slump, a newspaper story told how former teammate Brett Boone visited before a game and suggested he go back to using one of his older bats from Louisville Slugger, I think a model that Boone used. I am guessing that this bat may be from that batch. He did come out of the slump, but later went back to X-bats. I am not sure how long he stuck with the LVSLs. I think this might be the only ones he has used for several years now.

BMH-maybe now is the time to put on a sales pitch, as Cam has been in a slump most of the year!