PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton May 16th, 2008 Photo's

jerseydave.com
06-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I am looking for photos or game footage from the Texas Rangers versus the Houston Astros on May 16th, 2008. I need to see if Josh Hamilton used the same bat for the entire game or not.

I bought a bat game used from the Rangers and the MLB authentication dates the bat to this game.

Josh went 5 for 5, had 1 walk, 5 RBI's, scored 4 runs, and hit 2 Home Runs (his 10th and 11th of the season).

I would like to know if this bat was used for the entire game or cracked sometime during this game. Can someone help me out?

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

tknorm
06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
From what I understand the date in the MLB authentication database is the date that the authenticator was on site to pull the item from the inventory, not necessarily the date it was used. Any item may have been used before and/or on the date. The only certainty is that it would not have been used after that date. This is what the guy that ran the Mets team store before Steiner took over told me.

If this is indeed true for all teams, then your bat may have also been used in other games, and may or may not have been used on that date. It was just pulled from the racks that day.

Not sure if this helps in your quest or not...

jcowboy2001
06-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Would you mind posting some pics of the bat. I would love to see it.

jerseydave.com
06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reply but that cannot be entirely true for all items. MLB was on hand when the Rangers wore the Jackie Robinson game used jerseys and had each player sign the jersey and then they added a MLB hologram to the front of each shirt. The guys for the Rangers even commented on how they could not wash the shirts as MLB had wanted them authenticated immediately.

Now I know this does not mean that the MLB is in the clubhouse each and every game I agree.. but I had 4 Hamilton game used bats in my hands today and all 4 of them had MLB holograms. Now the Rangers sell a lot of game used bats at the team store... and this is the first time I've seen them have MLB holograms. The Murphy bat I bought did not have a hologram, nor did any of the other game used bats that the Rangers had on display...

So if you go to the MLB authentication on their website, the hologram on my bat states it is for a game used broken bat by Josh Hamilton on May 16th, 2008 with a single to left off Shawn Chacon. So I'm pretty sure they are stating this bat was used on May 16th and not just pulled off a rack. So since they stated the game, thats why I want to see if I can see each at bat during this game.. this bat has some good marks and deep seams and clearly shows good marks where 2 home runs could have been hit with this bat. I doubt they would state a exact game and hit off a certain pitcher if it was something used before then or sitting in some rack. Now could have Hamilton used this bat before this game, sure.. thats why I need to see the 6 at bats he had this day and when this bat was cracked. Whats good for my odds is that he hit the Home Runs in the 3rd and 4th innings..so I am hoping he cracked this bat later in this game.

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

jerseydave.com
06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Would you mind posting some pics of the bat. I would love to see it.

E-mail me..thanks..

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

Fnazxc0114
06-18-2008, 10:49 PM
actually some of the jerseys were washed my murphy jersey was washed. you can see a slight outline of the stain on the jersey from where he slid into a base

jerseydave.com
06-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Ah, I was told by Eric (I know you know who he is) that they were not. We were just having a conversation about the jerseys and he just mentioned that during our conversation as I bought the Michael Young jersey and he wanted me to know why it stunk a little.

jcowboy2001
06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Email sent.

cjclong
06-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Jersey Dave, did you get the Hamilton bats from the Rangers store or elsewhere? Also is the bat cracked? I'm interested in getting a Hamilton bat with the mlb hologram, but all the Hamilton bats I've seen so far are cracked.

jerseydave.com
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Jersey Dave, did you get the Hamilton bats from the Rangers store or elsewhere? Also is the bat cracked? I'm interested in getting a Hamilton bat with the mlb hologram, but all the Hamilton bats I've seen so far are cracked.

The bat is cracked...all 4 of the bats the Rangers had were cracked. Almost all of the bats that the Rangers sell are cracked. They usually do not get them from the players unless they are cracked. I purchased a Pudge bat from that last year and it is not cracked. But on the current players... 99% of all the bats I have seen were not cracked. The only time I have seen them sell a uncracked model of a current player is if the player has left the team. The only uncracked version I know of will be the Mother's Day bat that Josh used. Eric at the Ranger's Team Store said he packaged all the Mother's Day game used bats up and sent them to MLB. If and when they will be sold, he did not know. I do not think that you will be able to get a uncracked bat with a MLB hologram through the team store.

Thanks for reading my post..

David

cjclong
06-19-2008, 08:52 AM
David, thanks very much for sharing the information. Did you ever find out whether the bat you got might have been used in the 5 for 5 game? I normally don't get cracked bats, but might be willing to get one if it could be linked to a game of some significance. Also, did you get it in the Grand Slam shop or one of the other stores? And again, thanks.

cjclong
06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
David, thanks for sharing the information. Did you get the bat at the Grand Slam shop? You have an interesting question about the date of the hologram. I normally prefer not to get a cracked bat, but if it could be traced to a game with some significance I would be interested. Is the person named Eric the one I should talk to if I have a question about Rangers game used items? And thanks again.

cjclong
06-19-2008, 10:53 AM
I accidentally posted twice.

jerseydave.com
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
David, thanks very much for sharing the information. Did you ever find out whether the bat you got might have been used in the 5 for 5 game? I normally don't get cracked bats, but might be willing to get one if it could be linked to a game of some significance. Also, did you get it in the Grand Slam shop or one of the other stores? And again, thanks.

Hello, my bat did come from the Grand Slam gift shop. Also, a forum member last night helped me out and yes, my bat was used for the 1st 4 at bats in this game.. It can be photo matched to the home run Josh hit in the 3rd inning.. he hit a 2nd home run in the fourth.. the bat looks like it is the same bat but cannot be photo matched for sure to the 2nd home run as per this video of the game did not show a close up of the bat being used for the 2nd home run. I would bet it would be safe to assume it was the same bat since he did use a Old Hickory in his 2nd home run at bat as well.. and why would he change to a different bat if he just hit a home run the inning before with this bat. So I know for sure at least one of the two home runs were hit with his bat from the marks my bat shows on the barrel. Thanks again to Josh (forum member jcowboy2001) for going out of his way to help me find some more info on my bat..

As for my bat, it is not for sale... but the Rangers did at the time have 3 more bats for sale.. a Louisville Slugger, and Old Hickory Pro Ash, and a Old Hickory.. the Old Hickory (not the Pro Ash one) was cracked in 1/2 and re-taped back together.. the other 2 bats were cracked pretty bad, but still in one piece...

Thanks again,

David.

cjclong
06-20-2008, 07:50 AM
That's great you got a bat that hit at least one and probably both of the home runs in that game! I've only purchased three or four bats from the Rangers, all of players like Pudge and Teixeira who had left. If I could get a significant bat of Hamilton's I would consider it even if it was cracked, but not too badly. Is there someone at the Grand Slam shop to talk to who is knowledgeable about the bats and what they carry? Thanks again for the information and congratulations on getting a great bat!

rjdgonebats
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Dave, How much are the Rangers charging for the Hamilton bats??? and how do you get in touch with them ,Thanks

jerseydave.com
06-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Since gas is getting more and more daily, I was thinking of putting this bat up for sale? Where does everybody think it should go? Ebay, auction house, etc? Someone give me a good idea please..

Thanks,

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

cjclong
06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I haven't had experience selling, just buying, but a thread recently posted about selling addresses the question. EBay would be the quickest and you could list a reserve that would assure you would get at least the lowest you would sell for and maybe a lot more more. With Ebay your audience would be more random. An action house usually advertises and has a more targeted audience. Of course you have to wait for when the auction is scheduled and for them to complete the transaction and then send you the money. And I'm not sure sure of what part of the profits they claim as their share or if you are charged if they can't sell the item for your reserve. I would think for something really expensive the auction house would be best. I've seen people get in bidding wars on both ebay and an auction house and the item sells for a lot and I've seen an item sell relatively cheaply on both also. With an auction you are competing with all the other items from other sellers and people who like several things in the auction may spread their money out, at least at first.

cjclong
07-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Did you decide whether might may sell or auction your Josh Hamilton bat?

cjclong
07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Terrible typing. Meant to say did you decide , or are you still thinking about, whether you might put the Hamilton bat up for sale?

BergerKing22784
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Do they have any Kevin Millwood game used Rangers jerseys at the store?

stitzerfse
07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Saw the question come up . . . Dave ended up selling the bat through a private sale.