PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Inscriptions

jcowboy2001
06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I was just wondering what everyone's take on inscriptions when getting game used stuff autographed. For instance, do you just have the player sign "Game Used 2008" or if you know what game it was from do you have them add something a little extra like there stats from that game? The reason I ask is, I have a Josh Hamilton game used bat and I have photomatched it to the game in which he hit his first homerun and RBI this year. I can't be sure that he used it in this particular homerun at bat, the only proof I have is that I have photomatched to all the at bats up until the homerun, and all the bats including the homerun are with a Hoosier at bat. So should I have him sign it Game Used 2008 or Game Used 4/1/08 1st HR, 1st RBI of '08.

CampWest
06-19-2008, 08:10 AM
If you dont have 100% certainty of the exact game that specific piece of equipment was used, then you cant go with the specific date. "GU 2008" sounds like a reasonable request if he is willing.

allstarsplus
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I was just wondering what everyone's take on inscriptions when getting game used stuff autographed. For instance, do you just have the player sign "Game Used 2008" or if you know what game it was from do you have them add something a little extra like there stats from that game? The reason I ask is, I have a Josh Hamilton game used bat and I have photomatched it to the game in which he hit his first homerun and RBI this year. I can't be sure that he used it in this particular homerun at bat, the only proof I have is that I have photomatched to all the at bats up until the homerun, and all the bats including the homerun are with a Hoosier at bat. So should I have him sign it Game Used 2008 or Game Used 4/1/08 1st HR, 1st RBI of '08.

With the season that Josh Hamilton is happening, this could be a significant collectible.

If Josh is approachable, I would bring your photomatches and see if he has a recollection of changing bats that game as if you have his 1st HR bat of this season you have possibly one of Josh Hamilton's best game used bats!

If he tells you he switched out bats then "Game Used 2008" would be a good inscription or "Game Used 4/1/08" would be appropriate or hopefully he confirms that you have the HR bat then "Game Used 4/1/08 1st HR" would be awesome!!!

Good luck and let us know what you find out!!!