PDA

View Full Version : Getting Annoyed Quick

HENMICK44
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I Recently Started My Quest For Mientkiewicz Game Used Jerseys.i Was Ableto Get Two Twins Jerseys Pretty Fast And Easy But Hit A Road Block Even Faster.doug Played For The Twins,red Sox,royals,mets,yankees,and Now The Pirates And I Thought It Would Be A Challenge But Not Impossible.wow Was I Wrong.i'm A Huge Mientkiewicz Fan And Thought His Jerseys Would Go For Alot Less Then Other Players But Now I Can't Find Any.contacted The Pirates,steiner,ball Park Hero's,game Worn Jerseys,above Teams Fanfest,etc. I'm Running Out Of Ideas.should I Try To Collect Another Player? Any Ideas Would Help? henmick44@optonline.net

jerseydave.com
06-19-2008, 12:42 AM
As a 11 + year collector/seller I would say just be patient. The searching is what makes this hobby fun. If something is that easy to find, then why would you want it... but more importantly, if you ever need to sell it...do you want to try to sell items that are so easily found that you have to compete with a ton of stuff out there for sale?

You also have to remember that it was not till recently that the Red Sox started selling jerseys...and given Doug's stand on the final out of the World Series win ball..the Sox might be a tough team to find a jersey for. I've never seen a Royals or a Sox jersey for Doug for sale yet.

I'm sure if you wait with some patience you will find more items...you just gotta be always looking. In the meantime, maybe collect other guys as well if you can afford to do both.

Trust me...every day I could spend $$$$ on his hobby... but my wife would kill me so.. I also pass on buying stuff I would like just so I can buy the items I really want when they come up for sale.

Its a fun hobby, enjoy it...

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

HENMICK44
06-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Thanks Dave.

chakes89
06-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Your post just made my brain hurt

No offense but can you please try to use paragraphs and proper capitalization

Jags Fan Dan
06-19-2008, 07:22 AM
I Recently Started My Quest For Mientkiewicz Game Used Jerseys.i Was Ableto Get Two Twins Jerseys Pretty Fast And Easy But Hit A Road Block Even Faster.doug Played For The Twins,red Sox,royals,mets,yankees,and Now The Pirates And I Thought It Would Be A Challenge But Not Impossible.wow Was I Wrong.i'm A Huge Mientkiewicz Fan And Thought His Jerseys Would Go For Alot Less Then Other Players But Now I Can't Find Any.contacted The Pirates,steiner,ball Park Hero's,game Worn Jerseys,above Teams Fanfest,etc. I'm Running Out Of Ideas.should I Try To Collect Another Player? Any Ideas Would Help? henmick44@optonline.net
I collect Mark Brunell stuff, and I literally will go years without adding anything noteworthy. But that really makes the good finds that much better. It is hard to be patient, but it really is rewarding when you find that special piece and you can easily afford it because you have saved for a while for it.

saftey45
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
I think the key phrase here is "Thought His Jerseys Would Go For Alot Less Then Other Players". Not true obviously. I doubt that you could find one under 300. He is a veteran player and I would think fairly popular with the fans of the teams he is and has played for. I wouldn't think that any of his jerseys would not come under the title of a fire sale, just my opinion.

HENMICK44
06-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Well I Meant His Jerseys Would Go For Alot Cheapier Then I Guy Like Paul Oneill Also A Fan Favorite And Most Likely Not A Hof.even If I'm Patient A Royal Or Red Sox Jersey Might Not Come Up For Sale.300 For A Gamer I Think Isn't That Bad But If I'm Never Going To Find It Should I Collect Another Player Instead?????