ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greengrizzle
    • Mar 2008

ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

Ok i just won a Adam Dunn Game used bat that was also autographed. I never expected to win it as i placed a $130 high bid on it. I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it. Please look at the autograpgh on the bat. Here is the link.

And then please take a look at a MLB authenticated gamer with a auto that is on ebat right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-DUNN-GAME-U...ayphotohosting

and here is a picture of it in case you dont want to click the link. Again i want to stress that i am NOT trying to say the seller is fraudgulent. Sometimes someone can have a fake auto and not even know it. so im asking you guys cause everyone here is the best. The auto kinda looks like someone copied the sognature right off the side of the bat or something. So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here. Thanks again,

Dan
  • greengrizzle
    • Mar 2008

Re: ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

opps i forgot to copt and past the image of the MLB authenticated bat. I also wanted to note that i know alot of dealers dont want to tell how they aquired there bat and also had the bat signed by the player,but some do. This seller wont tell me how he got it or how it got autoed just tells me his feedback should speak for itsself......thats it. heres the image of the MLB bat to compair to the one im about to buy

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
      • Apr 2007

If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

Comment

• greengrizzle
        • Mar 2008

first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
          • Apr 2007

I'm not trying to give attitude. And my response has nothing to do with the fact that you are a "junior member". For all I know you're 95 years old and a professional bat maker. I just wonder if you have all of these questions about the bat, why did you bid $130 on it? That's all. I have bought and sold on eBay for a long time so that is the question that came to mind. Like I said, I don't know you from baby Buddha, so I'm certainly not trying to imply that you're an idiot.

As for the signature on the bat, I can't say it's fake, but I do agree that it looks like somebody took their time trying to copy the sig on the bat. Just my opinion.

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

If the sig turns out to be no good , it is real easy to remove silver or gold ink .

Use some Virgin Olive Oil with a soft rag and a No. 2 Pencil Eraser .

I assume the bat is good , the sig is suspect after seeing the ESM sig .

ESM did have a signing with the guy ......

I don't follow Dunn stuff , but compare the sig to other examples, then draw your own conclusion .....
            Thank you,
            David

This is my email address here!
            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
              If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

That has to be one of the top 5 replies I have ever read. Kudos Dan!

As for the sig, I think its bad but I'm not an expert on Dunn by any means. Just looks too perfect.

Comment

• nyjetsfan14
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by greengrizzle
                first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks
                Dude, could you be any more rude? Enjoy your fake signature. Maybe next time you should do your own homework before you commit instead of having those select few you respect bail you out after you've already won the auction and insult those who respond to your post in a way you don't find beneficial. Oh and by the way there is a reason you suprisingly won an ESM auction with a curiously low bid.

Comment

• platinum1
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008

The autograph looks bad. The person used a paint marker and took there time signing the bat and that's why the lines look fat. But if the bat is real it's a steal because you can always scrub the sig off. also if you won the item you should pay for it you had enough days before the auction ended from the date you placed your bid. I'm just speaking as a seller and hate when someone doesn't pay for an item.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                    • Sep 2007

Guys -

This seller has been visited before on GUU.

Mikita Sports has guys like Ryan Braun under contract..

Dave
                    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                    River City Redbird Authentics
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• camarokids
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by nyjetsfan14
                      Oh and by the way there is a reason you suprisingly won an ESM auction with a curiously low bid.
                      The auction he won was NOT an ESM auction . The sigs on the ESM bats looks legit while the one he won is suspect .

ESM listed another DUNN bat yesterday....

The bat he won was sold by MikitaSports....

GG - I will say your response to Dan was not called for , he was only stating the obvious.

You should have known someone would point out the fact that you won the auction , so you are legally bound to purchase the said item ....

The bat you won looks nice , just remove the signature .....

Everybody play nice now !
                      Thank you,
                      David

This is my email address here!
                      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do.
                        I thought this had to be the funniest comment of all.

BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID DO!!!

You didnt do any research before winning the bat or you could of came to the forum before winning the bat for advice but no you didnt.
                        So since it wasnt a priority of yours before why is it now????

I am not looking to argue with you I am just curious after you made such a statement.

Comment

• skyking26
                          • Dec 2005

Ok i just won a Adam Dunn Game used bat that was also autographed. I never expected to win it as i placed a $130 high bid on it. I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it. Please look at the autograpgh on the bat. Here is the link.

And then please take a look at a MLB authenticated gamer with a auto that is on ebat right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-DUNN-GAME-U...ayphotohosting

and here is a picture of it in case you dont want to click the link. Again i want to stress that i am NOT trying to say the seller is fraudgulent. Sometimes someone can have a fake auto and not even know it. so im asking you guys cause everyone here is the best. The auto kinda looks like someone copied the sognature right off the side of the bat or something. So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here. Thanks again,

Dan
                          I Dunn bat. Most if not all Dunn gamers I see are absolutely hammered. Rarely do you find an uncracked one. Most have an intricate tape job that completely covers the handle. The signature looks copied. Does not look like Dunn auto's I have seen from Elite (who have done things direct with Dunn). What bothers me about the bat auction is lack of full length photos. RK
                          ROBERT KOPPEL
                          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                          and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• bigtruck260
                            • Sep 2007

So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here.

Dan
                            Dan -

What did the seller say when you contacted him about your doubts? If he is willing to let you back out of the deal (I would not) why even bother posting here? It is pretty obvious that you are not 100% on it...

It's a good lesson for you - and anyone new to the hobby.

If you have doubts about it after you bid, (and I don't condone this unless it is an emergency) you can always retract your bid. At least if you retract, you save the seller the hassle of dealing with the fees and re-listing the item, etc.

As far as bashing you...it serves no purpose Dan. You are obviously pretty young if you are still cutting grass for a living. You must understand that these guys are being hard on you for your own good. This type of thing is discussed here in nearly every category every day at some point...it becomes a dead horse after a while.

D
                            Dave
                            Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                            River City Redbird Authentics
                            http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• greengrizzle
                              • Mar 2008

NoNo please dont think im not going to pay for the item. Dont assume that. Ive worked hard for my 100% positive feedback rating with 313 positives from selling and buying. I asked the guy before i even bid if i could pay on friday and he said that was cool. Second of all for the hotshot that again wanted to call me rude. Just leave me alone. PLease talk baseball memorbilia with me. I dont care about people personal opinion's about "Myself" I mean Good God" for real. I researched the bat a little bit. enough to throw a $130 bid on it. I know the bat is real. Ball bark Heroes has the same model bat for Adam Dunn for $299 and i thought that was a good price so even if i did win this bat for $130 i was going to worry about the signature...now..tomarrow. whenever i wanted too. I mean 90% of you guys have been a blessing to my love for baseball and my passion in collecting. The other 10% all seem to have to jump a thread to express there faults and opinions on someone elses charector.
                              I cant type, cant spell to well, Bid sometimes without thinking. SOOOO What. I did think about this one too. I feel i did great. And if the auto is fake. I will enjoy it oh so much...just for the guy that thinks hes a computer gangster. I can only imagine how perfect of a person he must be. Must say all the right things, do the right things all the time. Make a 5 page intenerary on the completion of his day from brushing every tooth equally in the morning till fluffing the plillow aproxmently 28.725% of the normal size befroe he goes to bed. God i wish i was perfect. Anyhow. THANK YOU so much to the members that gave me you feedback about the bat its so appreated. I have looked and looked at the auto more and more and viewed it against so many of his auto cards. The auto just looks to forced and identical to the imprinted sig on the bat. Even to the point of how the "Dunn" is hapfway into the "Adam". But what stands out the most when i compair all his autos is the "A"
                              Any more opinions on the bats would be great. Asked the seller again about where he got it signed and how he got the bat still wont awnser

dan

Comment

Working...