PDA

View Full Version : ironing patches onto a game used jersey

markize
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
i thought i had seen it all untill i came across this gem. a steelers antwaan randle-el game used jersey that the seller ironed a super bowl patch onto. it says the patch "can be easily removed, but who'd want to do that". ebay auction #310059701809.

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310059701809&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 310059701809%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

mark

always looking for alfonso soriano game used yankees/nationals

frikativ54
06-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll bid on this for the following reasons:

1) private feedback
2) 24 hr. money-back guarantee
3) seller admits that some people don't think these are real
4) super bowl patch

:rolleyes:

hrvatwill
06-20-2008, 04:09 PM
This gem has actually been discussed before:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13767

markize
06-21-2008, 10:06 AM
people think these are not real.........i thought all patches were ironed on! lol!! i am sorry i missed the first posts about this RARE game used jersey. i can't imagine it didn't fly off the shelf the first time it was being auctioned. plus the photomatch pic listed with the auction.......

jppopma
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
people think these are not real.........i thought all patches were ironed on! lol!! i am sorry i missed the first posts about this RARE game used jersey. i can't imagine it didn't fly off the shelf the first time it was being auctioned. plus the photomatch pic listed with the auction.......

Good luck bidding on this Markize! I will be a stand up guy, and step to the side to let you get this one. The hobby is all about learning exeriences and I think this jersey would be a great one for you. Not a good learning experience, but learning none the less.

On the other hand, you can feel free to step back to read what other members post on here and learn that way. It will be a lot cheaper and maybe you will discover what the term photo-match means along the way.

markize
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
jppopma..........i guess my sarcasam was lost on you??? i appreciate you "stepping to the side" though as i guess i made every indication that i was going to bid on the jersey. this is part of the problem here though. most posts by junior members get passed by. it is a group of senior members chatting back and forth. i happened onto that silly auction for the jersey, and thought, lets share some levity with the forum. immediately, however, people see a post by a junior member, and think, ok here is another idiot. yes, ok, i know you are a junior member too. the twist is, i actually do know what a photomatch is. can you believe it? a junior member who has done his homework. i guess the sarcasam was lost there too. i apologize to all as i don't have time to sit and type on a computer all day. my life is a bit more complex than that. but does that mean i can't be a part of this forum? does that mean i can't collect game used memorabilia? i guess to some it does. for that reason, i don't post often, or reply to posts. i will leave that to the "senior members", but at some point, senior members were junior members too. hope you enjoyed the rant.?!

mark

mvandor
06-23-2008, 08:30 AM
jppopma..........i guess my sarcasam was lost on you??? i appreciate you "stepping to the side" though as i guess i made every indication that i was going to bid on the jersey. this is part of the problem here though. most posts by junior members get passed by. it is a group of senior members chatting back and forth. i happened onto that silly auction for the jersey, and thought, lets share some levity with the forum. immediately, however, people see a post by a junior member, and think, ok here is another idiot. yes, ok, i know you are a junior member too. the twist is, i actually do know what a photomatch is. can you believe it? a junior member who has done his homework. i guess the sarcasam was lost there too. i apologize to all as i don't have time to sit and type on a computer all day. my life is a bit more complex than that. but does that mean i can't be a part of this forum? does that mean i can't collect game used memorabilia? i guess to some it does. for that reason, i don't post often, or reply to posts. i will leave that to the "senior members", but at some point, senior members were junior members too. hope you enjoyed the rant.?!

mark

You be WAY too defensive, amigo. How you read THAT into the responses, I dunno. More likely your sense of humor didn't fly or was misunderstood.

markize
06-23-2008, 02:51 PM
defensive, i guess so. when i make a sarcastic statement about all patches being ironed on (which is silly), and i'm told to just learn something on this site about photomatching, and what the term really means i get defensive. that is the problem i eluded to.....people see a post from a junior member, and think it is some idiot who knows nothing about what photomatching is. as for my humor getting lost, maybe, but read all the posts.....not everyone looked at it that way. ok, well, i will just read the posts, and keep any messages i post to a minimum and try to learn something .....lol (that means laugh out loud, and is a sarcastic remark just in case)

jppopma
06-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Markize, I wasn't trying to bash you there. My response had alot of sarcasm there too. If your reply was serious, I bet you had alot of sellers looking to sell you photomatched stuff. Sorry I missed your sarcasm, I picked it up more as someone trying to hype the jersey. Oh well thats the problem of typing stuff out.

Don't worry about member status or anything...look at me, I've been around a while and just don't chose to post much. Take care (and good luck on that jersey --- *sarcasm)

markize
06-24-2008, 05:23 PM
jppopma......like i said i guess i got defensive. i have never been known to be funny, so i can see how it was missed. you are right though....there was a line around the state to sell me store bought, and photomatched jerseys........if i am lucky enough to win the jersey, i will send you tons of pics