PDA

View Full Version : Another Posada Question For BMH?

BULBUS
06-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Brian,

Being Jorge is one of your favorite clients, maybe you can help me out. I recently picked up this Posada game issued M356. It appears that the bat was put back on the lathe and the handle was shaved. A silver marker was used to mark how high on the handle the bat was to be shaved. There are lathe marks on both ends of the bat. Do you remember this order? Was the bat modified at the factory per Jorges request, or did he send a few bats back to have this done(him marking the bat in silver)? I've attached a few pics. If you remember, great, if not thats ok.

Thanks,
Chris

BMH
06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
That is an older model most likely made on our old lathe instead of the CNC.
Back them the handle size was pretty much determined by how much the turner sanded. Most likely Posada felt the handles were too thick and sent them back to be sanded down. The silver ring is the same color Danny uses now so I'll ASSume he put the mark there to determine how far up the handle to go while the bat was turning on the lathe.

If he had requested us to do it before hand the handle would have been painted black. "Sanding extra" as some players order is always done before the bat is finished.