PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots off MLB.com

gamer35
06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know how to get screenshots off the streaming video on MLB.com? When I hit print screen, for some reason the video still plays in the window I paste the image in, thus causing a black image when saved. It could be due to the fact that I am using Windows Media Player 10.to stream the video.

What program do others use to steam off of MLB.com?

kylehess10
06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Did you pause the game first? That's what I do

gamer35
06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Yea, I do pause it, take a screen shot, paste the file to Word/Paint, and then save it. Then when I open it back up after the game is closed, I have a black screen saved. It's probably due to copyrights from Windows Media Player.

kylehess10
06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Yea, I do pause it, take a screen shot, paste the file to Word/Paint, and then save it. Then when I open it back up after the game is closed, I have a black screen saved. It's probably due to copyrights from Windows Media Player.

ohhhhh wait I know the problem now. It's Windows Media Player. I used that too and there is a way you can still get an image. Here's instructions:

Open the game in windows media player.

Click "TOOLS"

Click "OPTIONS"

Click on the "PERFORMANCE" tab

UNCHECK "OVERLAYS"

Click "OK"

Then you're done. Now after that do the screenshots again and it should work

gamer35
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Kyle, thanks a lot, it worked! I actually was searching Google just now and found the same thing. Appreciate it

tigerdale
06-23-2008, 01:55 PM
can you actually record the video that you can play on the mlb websites of game highlites?? If I wanted to record certain hits or homeruns??

kylehess10
06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
can you actually record the video that you can play on the mlb websites of game highlites?? If I wanted to record certain hits or homeruns??

I've tried everything with that........won't work. What I do is just use my digital camera to record the video off my computer screen then upload it. Here's an example with one of the videos I made for my site:

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/?action=view&current=MOV02356.flv

soxbats
06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Pardon me for the novice question, but how do you take a screen shot?

Thanks

Jeff

kylehess10
06-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Pardon me for the novice question, but how do you take a screen shot?

Thanks

Jeff

Hit the "Print Screen" button then open up Paint and paste it into there. Then save it as a jpg image.

shoremen44
07-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Kyle,
I use the print screen button... yet after I save it there is no picture of the game... it is just the MLB blank screen...

Bert

hrvatwill
10-25-2008, 11:59 AM
This is a helpful thread, I followed the directions and was able to get a nice screen shot/photomatch of one of my game used bats from an mlb.tv feed.

One question: has anyone out there done screen shots off of the mlb.tv premium service?

I used the free basic service however I saw an advertisement for the premium service that said it offers higher definition video and I just wondered whether that had translated into higher definition/quality screen shots for anybody.

PLMK. Thx!

Jays1fan
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I have Windows Media Player 11. When I try to Open a URL addy from MLB.com to watch a video , it says it is unable to open the file.

Any Help ?

59FIFTY
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
You can just download all video's off www.mlb.com (http://www.mlb.com) using Replay Media Catcher, when the streaming starts the program downloads the video file:D