PDA

View Full Version : Tips

marcab
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm relatively new to this hobby, and maybe there is already a thread answering this question (I poked around and couldn't quite find anything), but does anyone have any tips on how to get game used items directly from a player or team? This sort of thing has to take place pretty regularly, right? How does an average Joe get something without paying thousands via Steiner? Is this just a pipe-dream? Any tips some of you experts out there can provide a newbie?
Thanks,
-Marc

PudgePollyMillerFan
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
My two best ways........try to talk to them before a game or right after a win.....never after a loss......and let them know you collect and are interested in anything they may have that they wore that is just laying around and they would like some extra money for........if that doesn't work......catch them towards the end of the season....hopefully after another win......have cash in hand and it is real hard for them to resist the $100 dollar bills waiving at them.....they tend forget about equipment managers and stuff like that at that point in time......it's all about the timing! A third one is to get in good with other players, coaches or training staff.....have them approach the player for you etc....that works as well. Best of luck!