PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Gibson Records

Rboitano
03-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I was wondering if any one has the records for Kirk Gibson from 86-89 time period.
Thanks,
Robert

DGRROSEN
03-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Robert, here is a copy of a response that Jim C. gave to another question about Kirk Gibson. David

Q:When did Kirk Gibson first sign a contract with Louisville Slugger company so that his name would appear in script on their bats? Thanks. Rex
A:Hi Rex - I need to check the records for you and will do that no later than tomorrow. I believe I have Gibson. If I don't, I will check with Mike Specht to see if he has it. I can't remember off the top of my head if I have that record or not. I can tell you that I have owned several Gibson bats over the years and they have all been block letter bats. I could be wrong - I need to look at the records, but he may never had a signature contract with Louisville and all his bats had his name in block letters on the barrel. I should be able to get back to you no later than tomorrow - Friday the 20th. Thanks! Jim Caravello

Rex - I checked the records that both Mike Specht and I have and neither of us has Kirk Gibson. I can tell you that I have never seen a signature model bat in the market - only block letter models. I am assuming the never had a contract with LS - and thus his models are block letter. If you have an example of a signature model bat, please let me know as I would love to see it. Thanks, Jim

JimCaravello
03-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Robert -as you see, we do not have Gibby's records. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Jim