PDA

View Full Version : Jay Gibbons coming to New York!!!

suave1477
06-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Well somewhat, not the Yankee or the Mets but the Long Island Ducks an independant League team. Just signed a contract with them Monday.

orioles03
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
he has already played i think five games i called him up last week and he told me the whole story on what is going on

ironmanfan
06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I was glad to see this earlier as I'd love to get that Gibbons 'Katrina/Red Cross" 2005 GU batting helmet I have (originally sourced from Orioles03) signed in either York or Lancaster this summer...

orioles03
06-26-2008, 04:50 PM
i talked to him about the york roadtrip it's only 90 min away if he is not signed by a major league team hopefully he said if he is signed by a minor league team. he offered to give his whole paycheck to that teams charity. i talk to him at least once a week so i will keep you updated, he also said he would have loved to play for the lancaster team because sam snider one of his best friends is a coach but he did not want to play near baltimore fanbase he took a beating in bmore from fans and yet he was one of the most chartiable o's . talk about being blackballed that is just my opinion

ironmanfan
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
i talk to him at least once a week so i will keep you updated, he also said he would have loved to play for the lancaster team because sam snider one of his best friends is a coach but he did not want to play near baltimore fanbase he took a beating in bmore from fans and yet he was one of the most chartiable o's . talk about being blackballed that is just my opinion

I find this curious as I've seen Gibbons play @ Camden Yards numerous times (including last season) and I've never heard nary the boo or un-pleasant remarks from the crowd (nothing even close to a 'beating'). My buddy in ST told me that he wasn't booed there either...Gibbons has always been a crowd favorite & would definitely been a good draw for either the Barnstormers or Roses.....

mr.miracle
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
There was a story in the York Dispatch local newspaper early this week stating how the Revolution here in York were interested in signing Gibbons. Not sure what happened but obviously he did not sign here. Who knows what amount of real interest existed on either side.

Thanks

orioles03
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
here is a story from the baltimore sun last week
http://www.baltimoresun.com/services/newspaper/printedition/bal-sp.gibbons12jun12,0,2572430.story

at least he manned up and appoligized for what he did someone should give him a chance i'm sure he will the long island ducks have a pretty good team alot of names people recgonize

orioles03
06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I find this curious as I've seen Gibbons play @ Camden Yards numerous times (including last season) and I've never heard nary the boo or un-pleasant remarks from the crowd (nothing even close to a 'beating'). My buddy in ST told me that he wasn't booed there either...Gibbons has always been a crowd favorite & would definitely been a good draw for either the Barnstormers or Roses.....
he was always a favorite but he took a beating by the "back seat drivers people who think they no everything and they dont", about his contract and his injuries

mr.miracle
06-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Everyone still thinks of the Revolution as the Roses. Old habits die hard here in good old York, PA. It is a big local thing as well

mr.miracle
06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
he was always a favorite but he took a beating by the "back seat drivers people who think they no everything and they dont", about his contract and his injuries

Gibbons was dead weight here the last few years. He might be a nice guy but could not produce because he was never on the field. A classic symptom of what has been wrong with the Orioles over the past ten years.

raider1088
06-26-2008, 06:45 PM
saw him in somerset last night.he was great with the fans.signed a couple cards for me.i would like to see him get another shot.