PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Pro Bat Tubes

stlbats
06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to order Ultra-Pro brand bat tubes?

Please post or email me.

Thanks

jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

AWA85
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I usually pick up a few at a time through ebay just by searching who is selling them for the lowest price with shipping. There was a baseball card and Cardinals memorabilia dealer that always came to the Quincy card show that sold tubes for a very very low price but I can not think of their name at the moment.

stlbats
06-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on the Ultra Pro tubes with the plastic caps?

Thanks
jason

stlbats@bellsouth.net

89ASMVPBats
06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Jason,

I prefer the bat tubes with the rubber ends because the rubber ends do not come off as easily as the plastic caps. I've had bats, especially heavier ones, slide out of the plastic cap tubes while I was handling them.

Just my two cents,
Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

geoff
06-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Drew I do attest to that.The Plastic Caps Fall out from under you.But that is really I all I can find without Ordering them.Just a week or so ago I was handling a Pudge Game Used Bat and the Bat fell out from the Bottom.I thought It was Cracked.I checked everywhere and I got lucky no Crack.What I did was Tape the Bottom of the Plastic Cap to the Bottom of the Bat Tube.I did that with all the Bat Tubes I own now and it works really good.I even tested and Shook a few Bats inside of the Tubes to see if they would fall from under me again and they are solid.Try that method because it works for me.

rookieroy
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Ultra Pro Bat Tubes are meant for display purposes only. They are not meant to carry around your bats at shows. Use the rubber end cap tubes to do this.

89ASMVPBats
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Geoff, I end up taping one of the ends of plastic cap tubes too. I usually find some good prices on the rubber cap tubes at the CSA show in Chantilly.

Go O's!

Drew

stlbats
06-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the posts guys. I too have always used the rubber end caps, but so many people are having problems with the rubber ones. Paint coming off walls, melting issues. I have not had any problems with them yet, but I dont want to take any chances. I just wonder if they will take paint off walls, will they eventually take the paint of the part of the bat that touches them (black bats). ???

Thanks
Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net