PDA

View Full Version : Best Source for Game-Used Cleasts

frikativ54
06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
I love collecting game-used cleats, but I find them to be difficult to find. Where do others of you who have cleats go to collect them? Are there any preferred websites? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik

AROD313
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Here are some nice Vladimir Guerrero cleats on Ebay right now. It looks like they may go for a good price too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vladimir-Guerrero-Auto-Game-Used-2006-Cleats-MEARS-LOA_W0QQitemZ120275869333QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

frikativ54
06-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Here are some nice Vladimir Guerrero cleats on Ebay right now. It looks like they may go for a good price too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vladimir-Guerrero-Auto-Game-Used-2006-Cleats-MEARS-LOA_W0QQitemZ120275869333QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sweet. I placed a bid on them, but I don't think I'll have the funds to win the auction. Good luck. :)

allstarsplus
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I love collecting game-used cleats, but I find them to be difficult to find. Where do others of you who have cleats go to collect them? Are there any preferred websites? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik

I collect cleats of the base stealers, and Shaq and MJ shoes and I am in the running for some of Tiger Woods shoes. Just got a cool Devin Hester cleat too.

Although I have only bought a few pairs of eBay, that is a good source. I just turned away Dante Halls so if you want them let me know!

RobSteinmetz
06-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't deal much in football stuff, but just picked up three pair of cleats if you are interested...

Drew Brees (from Saints vs. Jags game) - LOA from Brees Foundation (auto'd)
Devin Hester (from Chicago vs. KC game) - Signed and inscribed as having been worn for TD return
Brian Urlacher (rookie season cleats) - Signed and inscribed as game used, ROY 2000

Email me if you have interest.

allstarsplus
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't deal much in football stuff, but just picked up three pair of cleats if you are interested...

Drew Brees (from Saints vs. Jags game) - LOA from Brees Foundation (auto'd)
Devin Hester (from Chicago vs. KC game) - Signed and inscribed as having been worn for TD return
Brian Urlacher (rookie season cleats) - Signed and inscribed as game used, ROY 2000

Email me if you have interest.

Rob - I guess you and I dealt with the same dealer. Did you get those from A.B. in Chicago?

frikativ54
06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I collect cleats of the base stealers, and Shaq and MJ shoes and I am in the running for some of Tiger Woods shoes. Just got a cool Devin Hester cleat too.

Although I have only bought a few pairs of eBay, that is a good source.

Is there any issue with fake game-used cleats, so long as they are name/number embroidered?

allstarsplus
06-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Is there any issue with fake game-used cleats, so long as they are name/number embroidered?

If you are talking Michael Jordan's basketball shoes, YES as Nike sold size 13's and sometimes 13 1/2's so I have seen store boughts passed off as game used.

If they are name/number embroidered cleats, that is tough to fake as Fila isn't going to send you a Barry Bonds cleat with his name on it. The only issue I would have and I have seen this before----you have a name/number embroidered cleat/shoe and it doesn't show any wear so the only question is whether it is really used or game issued in my analysis.

Lastly, and as always with any item, you have to have a comfort level with the seller!