Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jetersbatboy
    • Jun 2008

Posada 1997 bat

Is anyone familiar with this era of bat, what model did he use, did he tape his bat at this time, patterns of pine tar and number marking on the ends of his bats number 15 in particular.... these are just questions!!!!!!!!!
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Posada 1997 bat

Jetersbatboy I can tell you Posada has always used a Louisville SLugger I woud have to get back to you later on the actual model. He has mostly taped and pine tarred his bat ever since the minors. Posada has hardly ever (I am not saying never) I am just saying I don't remember him ever marking the knobs of his bats and I doubt he would put #15 since he was never #15, unless he did it for some other reason. During 97 Posadas numbers were #22 and #20

Comment

• BMH
      • Jul 2007

He's used a M356 since 1997. The P320 is a M356 with a different number.
      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• jetersbatboy
        • Jun 2008

BMH, the bat im looking at is a B349 from 19997. was this a bat he used during thIs time period.
        Thanks Scott

Comment

• BMH
          • Jul 2007

he ordered the B349 in 1996.
          Brian Hillerich

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

Jetersbatboy can you post pictures of the bat?

Comment

• jetersbatboy
              • Jun 2008

I wolud but last time i posted a link it kind of got out hand,
              thanks scott

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                • Jun 2008

Brain, Thanks For The Help!!!!!!

Comment

• BULBUS
                  • Nov 2005

scott, i think that jorge did number his bats early in his career. he changed numbers a few times (#55 in '96 and #22 & #20 in '97) so he had to keep track of his bats somehow. but unless he learned from mattingly and used yankee legends to number his bats, #15 doesnt make sense on a posada gamer. i've only seen 1 or 2 what were advertised as posada rookie gamers and there was no tape. hope this helps, chris
                  Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                  sigpic
                  donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• Yankwood
                    • Nov 2005

Just this week on the Mets Classic games. they showed a 1999 game against the Yankees and Posada was using a black Mizuno. That's the only time I have ever seen him using anything other than the black or unfinished natural Louisville Sluggers. I couldn't tell whether he had it taped up "Posada style" though.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                      • Jun 2008

Lets make this clear. I am not questioning the authenticity of this item .i am just looking for clarification of facts. Here is the link.

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

I believe this bat was brought up in another thread recently.

Personally everything looks good on it except for the #15 Posada never wore #15, also this bat would be considered his rookie bat which is from 97 he came up in late 95 and played in 96, I would much more prefer a bat from then but thats just me, also if you follow the other threads about players using other players bats a lot of players use Posadas bats because they feel he gets the best wood.

I checked, very strange no one wore #15 in 95,96,97, or 98.

Wonder where the #15 comes from????

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by suave1477

Personally everything looks good on it except for the #15 Posada never wore #15, also this bat would be considered his rookie bat which is from 97 he came up in late 95 and played in 96, I would much more prefer a bat from then but thats just me, also if you follow the other threads about players using other players bats a lot of players use Posadas bats because they feel he gets the best wood.

Thurman Munson

Mattingly had a habit of labeling his bats with the numbers of Yankees HOFS so that they wouldnt get stolen by folks looking to grab a #23. Its quite possible that a young catcher like Posada chose the late Yankee legends number either for the same reason or to honor TM.

Comment

• TFig27
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by suave1477

Seriously? Another catcher wore 15...
                            sigpic
                            TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
                            A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
                            J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                              • Jun 2008

What do you guys think about the price range. i just had a deal for a auto posada gamer but it feel threw, so i was looking at this bat. i was looking to give up a couple bats and some cash for the other...

Comment

Working...