PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr. wants his ball back.

suave1477
06-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Jun 27 Mark Sheldon, of Reds.MLB.com, reports Cincinnati Reds OF Ken Griffey Jr. has made an offer to the man who caught his 600th home run ball. The offer includes 10 Griffey memorabilia items, including game-used items, items that came from other players, and an all-expense paid trip for four people to New York for next month's All-Star break, which would include tickets to all the events, including the Home Run Derby and the All-Star game. Neither Griffey nor his agent Brian Goldberg has heard from the man.

tigerdale
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
thats a very fair trade, I f I had the ball, I would trade for that. I think Griffey made a very fair offer. I collect home run balls, but I would have to trade that to Griffey.

skyking26
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
The man can probably gain alot more $$ by putting the ball in auction, no doubt. However, what Griffey is offering is probably the most generous offer I have seen from a player - much more so than Thome offered last year for #500...

mariner_gamers
06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Nice to see Griff is maturing in his later years. When he was in Seattle he was kind of grumpy about making offers to reacquire his milestones. This is an awesome offer and I would take him up on it in a second!! All-Star week, the last year of Yankee Stadium, meet some famous folks, get a little national press, come on. That is something to tell your grandkids about!!! Oh and brag about on this forum for years.........