PDA

View Full Version : Felix Pie Helmet

ahuff
03-04-2006, 08:08 AM
This post is nothing to do about authenticity, because I simply don't know enough about Lansing Lugnuts stuff. I just thought it was a funny listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Felix-Pie-Game-Used-Batting-Helmet-Chicago-Cubs_W0QQitemZ8775301480QQcategoryZ50117QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

"helmet has tons of game use with scratches,scuffs,paint and all that other good stuff"

Wait, did he just say paint???? I must have missed this part of the game!!! When is it that they hold down the batter/runner and spray an "A" on his helmet. What does the scoring look like on that play?!?!?!? Boy, I think I need to get to Lansing once in a while.

touchdown
03-11-2006, 03:36 PM
***obnoxious comment deleted***

skipcareyisfat
03-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey touchdown - try reading posts before replying next time. Ahuff didn't say anything about how it was obtained. In fact, the first sentence of his post says "This post is nothing to do about authenticity." And what does the fact that a glove and bat is now listed have to do with ANYTHING? The original comments from ahuff only mentioned the PAINT on the helmet. That's it. How about a little anger management on your part. I guess you're hacked because your helmet only went for $14.75.
-Jason

ahuff
03-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Jason,

I don't believe we've ever gotten to speak, but thanks for having my back!!!

Sorry if that post was confusing. I thought I had made it clear that I wasn't questioning authenticity. I just thought the spray painted "A" was funny.

skipcareyisfat
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
My pleasure, ahuff. I thought your observation was funny. Good imagery of a guy getting his head spray-painted after getting picked off at first. Maybe the "A" is Lansing's Scarlett Letter.
-Jason