Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Steiner prices at Yankee Stadium

Went to the Yankees/Red Sox game yesterday and walked around the stores all around Yankee Stadium. In two of the stores they have special Steiner sections with game used for sale. Prices were crazy! Check out this price for an A-Rod hat:

They mainly had stuff that was used ON the field, for example I saw a game used home plate, pitching mound, and a few line-up cards.
    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Steiner prices at Yankee Stadium

Kyle,
    How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
      Kyle,
      How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

It was actually pretty fun. The seats are a lot closer than at Turner Field. I originally had the 2nd to last section in the upper tier, but I just went down to the lower level and found this little stairs that everybody hangs out at and it's a great view too. As for BP, I think I missed it cuz I got there a little late. It was about an hour before gametime when I arrived. I'm goin to one more Yankees game on the 8th then the Mets on the 9th.
      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• Tay1038
        • Dec 2005

Kyle,
        I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
        Taylor
        Tay1038@aol.com
        Email: Tay1038@aol.com
        - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Comment

• jgoldstein2000
          • May 2008

Hi Kyle. I was there too. First time at Yankee Stadium. Did you stay through the rain delay?
          Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Tay1038
            Kyle,
            I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
            Taylor
            Tay1038@aol.com
            I live here your best bet for Hotels to save money on look for hotels in the outer boros. In NYC there are tons of bars clubs lounges just depends on the crowd/atmosphere your looking for. I prefer JFK it is easy access to everything but there is also Laguardia, forget Newark. I wouldnt suggest renting a car or a taxi. The Subway system is the easiest / cheapest way to go.

Comment

• jgoldstein2000
              • May 2008

I just moved to your city Suave. It's a great one!
              Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Comment

• kylehess10
                • Feb 2006

tay1038 - Don't use JFK! I had a lot of problems when I left this past Wednesday. First, there was a regular 45-minute delay, but then we finally got onto the plane. While we were on the runway, the captain said that there were so many planes going into JFK that we had to just sit on the runway for another hour. Wayyyy too long. Then when we finally arrived at JFK, it took 30 minutes just for the luggage to start coming out, and another 5 minutes just for my luggage to come out. Also, for traveling around the city, I'd just use the subways. The wait wasn't long at all for each train to come plus it costs only $7 for 4 rides (or $2 each). You have to know though beforehand which subway you need to take because to get to some places, you have a get a transfer, and New York really isn't the city to get lost in.

jgoldstein2000 - Nope, everybody else was leaving because we all thought the game was gonna be called since it started raining harder. I left and just went to Ground Zero then the NY Harbor for the fireworks. I never realized how small Yankee Stadium is! You can't move for nothin,,,,no leg room and hot dog lines blocking everybody from moving. Maybe it was just because it was July 4th? (or being that Boston was in town)
                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• yanks12025
                  • Jan 2006

Kyle,
                  Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.

Comment

• kylehess10
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
                    Kyle,
                    Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.
                    I sat. There wasn't that many people on the subway until that night right after the fireworks when everybody who was watching them (which was in the thousands) all tried to fit into 1 subway ride.
                    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• whatupyos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2005

When are the stadium tours? I'm going in two weeks for the A's v. Yanks. They are both 1pm games. What subway do you take to get to Yankee stadium? I also want to go see the Statue of Liberty.

Comment

• kylehess10
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by whatupyos
                        When are the stadium tours? I'm going in two weeks for the A's v. Yanks. They are both 1pm games. What subway do you take to get to Yankee stadium? I also want to go see the Statue of Liberty.

From the 34th St./Herald Square subway, take the BD train all the way to 161st Street. For the Statue of Liberty, I took the 4 train from Grand Central Station to Wall Street (though I walked to WTC first, there might be another stop on that line that's quicker to get to the Statue of Liberty)
                        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• Sheffield11
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kylehess10
                          Went to the Yankees/Red Sox game yesterday and walked around the stores all around Yankee Stadium. In two of the stores they have special Steiner sections with game used for sale. Prices were crazy! Check out this price for an A-Rod hat:

They mainly had stuff that was used ON the field, for example I saw a game used home plate, pitching mound, and a few line-up cards.
                          Hmmmm reminds me of something...........

Anthony Bragg

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

JGoldstein welcome to New York it is a great city especially for sports fans, a lot of rivalries that fans are passionate about. Especially when a Yankee fan sees a Red Sox fan lol lol

The quickest way to the Stadium take the 4 train it runs express to 161st street Yankee Stadium.

Comment

• yanks12025
                              • Jan 2006

Stadium tours are only for games that are at 7 or if their is no game that day. They run tours at 12 and 1 and its $20. If you go when the yankees have an off day you get to go in the clubhouse.

Comment

Working...