PDA

View Full Version : Steve Garvey jersey advice

steelmonkey
07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Hello there. I've been lurking on this site for some time now, but have never registered because I'm admittedly not a GU collector. I've been collecting autographs since I was just a little guy at the Syracuse Chiefs games, but really just a sig collector and only stick to stuff I get signed in person (mostly balls and bats.)

I did however, pick up an '83 Garvey gamer a while back from a second-hand store at a price that I just couldn't pass up. It just sits boxed up in storage, and I've toyed with the idea of selling it a time or two. I haven't though, mostly because I don't really know how to market it or where to take it to get the best response. Since the knowledge base here is so remarkable, I was hoping for a pointer or two on how to go about selling, and what points I need to pay special attention to along the process. I don't have a ton of personal attachment to this piece, but at the same time it is a nice GU jersey and I'm not just going to give it away. (I guess I've been kind of subconciously holding onto it in hopes that he would make it to the hall.)

It's a brown Wilson v-neck, size 44, with 6 83 embroidered in white on the brown flag tag. It has an older Garvey signature (signed long before I got it) in black in the middle of the 6 that displays quite nicely. It is intact with no rips or tears that I can remember, but is just a little faded/worn but no more than I would expect any 25 year old gamer to be. I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts from the GUU collective. Thanks in advance for your replies. I'll try to take some pics in the next few days if I can pull the jersey from storage.

steelmonkey
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Same as sportsbaron's jersey in this thread, actually:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=75569&highlight=garvey#post75569