PDA

View Full Version : UNKNOWN Vintage Football Jersey..help appreciated!

cjw
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Picked up a few jerseys in Vancouver second hand stores this week and also one on Ebay that I would appreciate some help with. "Both-Teams"...these are up your alley!

Older football jersey. Solid construction, spongy durene type material. Sewn on tackle twill numbering with a few team repairs . Russell-Southern hem tagging XL and an additional "Athletic Supply" tag. Long. Colors are black and gold, I believe? (color-blind).

Thanks for your assistance!

both-teams-played-hard
07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Late 60s Russell Tags. Athletic Supply is an Oregon/Washington state based distributor. Most likely a high school. Looks like blue and orange, which could be University of Southern Oregon. If black and orange, could be Oregon State. I am sure this jersey originated from the Pacific Northwest.

psmachetti
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Perhaps you could've consolidated these into one post?
Paul

both-teams-played-hard
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Perhaps you could've consolidated these into one post?
Paul

Dude
Why do you give a rat's elbow why he made more than one post? If you don't know anything about the jersey, then why not just hit the back button on your browser?

cjw
07-10-2008, 12:07 AM
psmachetti....I could have posted these all in one, your correct.

My reason to not do do however, is because of the sport (baseball, football, basketball) and league (CFL, college,MLB, PCL) crossover.

If I had said 'what are these" some CFL experts wouldn't have taken a look at my Lions gamer...etc.....and I don't get a shot at an answer.

Sorry if it annoyed you. Easy way to avoid the hassle of all the reading.....next time you see a post from me...skip it.

Thanks BTPH and other respondants...I appreciate your interest and feedback.