PDA

View Full Version : Protect Our Nations Youth

gameused
07-10-2008, 02:33 AM
I wanted to post some pics of the Kauai All Star Team from the island of Kauai. I'm the head coach(top row-far left) and we recently competed in the state Pony all star tournament held in Hilo, Hawaii over the 4th of July weekend.

Pony stands for "Protect Our Nations Youth" and is a nationwide baseball organization. Our team did really well and finished in second place losing a heart breaker to the Mililani all star team from the island of Oahu 6-5. Mililani, will be heading to California to compete in the West Zone tournament.

Special thanks to UFC lightweight champ B.J. Penn who took time out of his busy schedule to speak to the team and take pictures at his awesome training center in Hilo.

Thanks, Bobby

allstarsplus
07-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Our team did really well and finished in second place losing a heart breaker to the Mililani all star team from the island of Oahu 6-5. Mililani, will be heading to California to compete in the West Zone tournament.

Thanks, Bobby

Bobby - Congrats to you and your team! What age group is your team?

If your team is 14, our kids are working their way through the East Coast in qualifying tournaments to make it to the 14U World Series in Arizona at the end of July! Maybe we will face that Miliani team!

gameused
07-10-2008, 11:04 AM
The teams ages are 13-14, the tournament Mililani is headed to is in Fullerton, CA and begins Aug. 2-6, the winner then heads to Washington, PA for the Pony Word Series.

Thanks, Bobby

allstarsplus
07-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Same aged kids just different leagues. We are sanctioned for these tournaments under AABC http://www.aabc.us/

We are going to try in the next 2 years to get into the USA Baseball 16U division.

Hope to play your team in the future---let me know if you ever travel to the Washington DC area!!!!

arl423
07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Off topic but, My wife and I were just in Kauai for vacation. Stayed at the Marriot Resort in Lihue. What a beautiful Island, it was definately hard to leave.

Good Luck to you and your team
Adam Laurentius

gameused
07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Same aged kids just different leagues. We are sanctioned for these tournaments under AABC http://www.aabc.us/

We are going to try in the next 2 years to get into the USA Baseball 16U division.

Hope to play your team in the future---let me know if you ever travel to the Washington DC area!!!!

Good luck to your team, if we ever get out to DC, I'll let you know!

Bobby

gameused
07-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Off topic but, My wife and I were just in Kauai for vacation. Stayed at the Marriot Resort in Lihue. What a beautiful Island, it was definately hard to leave.

Good Luck to you and your team
Adam Laurentius

Adam,

Kauai is a beautiful, the people who live here come from all ethnic backgrounds and make this island a special place to live.

The Kauai Marriott is a top notch resort!

Thanks, Bobby