PDA

View Full Version : Allstars Plus - GREAT auction photo!

bigtruck260
07-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Andrew -

Just wanted to let you know that you have some GREAT items available.
While most are out of my personal price range, I came across this auction for a signed Barry Bonds HR 700 game used baseball...

The photo of this signing is tremendous. I was just wondering...

Was Barry cordial during this visit? If so, what kind of interaction did you get for the price of admission to the event? He looks totally indifferent if not irritated in the photo - and you have the best smile in the world next to him.

These types of things are priceless to me, and I just wanted to give you some props.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barry-Bonds-Autod-Game-Used-ball-700-HR-game-MLB-holog_W0QQitemZ200150226442QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7341 8QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

allstarsplus
07-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Big Truck - Thanks for checking out my eBay auctions and that Bonds ball.

I had what I thought was a long relationship with Barry and when I showed up for that show, he actually rejected most of items that he wouldn't sign even though I prepaid for all the autographs which as you can see by the autograph ticket--an autograph from Barry and ARod was $1,050.

I am surprised I could still smile. It was a cold rainy weekend. We waited in a long line. The signings started late. As you noted, Barry looked indifferent as he was just going through the motions. Barry being Barry.

Here we were after the 2001 season when he hit his 73 HRs. This was Barry in a great mood. We talked and he was cordial.

mdube16
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
So what did he refuse to sign?

mr.miracle
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Big Truck - Thanks for checking out my eBay auctions and that Bonds ball.

I had what I thought was a long relationship with Barry and when I showed up for that show, he actually rejected most of items that he wouldn't sign even though I prepaid for all the autographs which as you can see by the autograph ticket--an autograph from Barry and ARod was $1,050.

I am surprised I could still smile. It was a cold rainy weekend. We waited in a long line. The signings started late. As you noted, Barry looked indifferent as he was just going through the motions. Barry being Barry.

Here we were after the 2001 season when he hit his 73 HRs. This was Barry in a great mood. We talked and he was cordial.

And what was his reasoning for rejecting/refusing to sign a number of items? Did he give you a reason or just say, No.

allstarsplus
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
And what was his reasoning for rejecting/refusing to sign a number of items? Did he give you a reason or just say, No.

Barry would not sign any artwork which people found out after they arrived with the artwork. There was an artist who brought his own artwork that he said he got prior approval on that Barry wouldn't sign.

He also wouldn't sign a used Louisville bat, but he did sign a used HR Derby base and a couple of baseballs.