PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Lakers--Jerry West jerseys

rsox3
07-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm trying to find out the year the Lakers began using knits jerseys rather than durene jerseys. In particular, I'd like to know if Jerry West ever wore knit jerseys during his career with the Lakers. I'd really appreciate any help that any other collectors might provide on this topic.

lund6771
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to find out the year the Lakers began using knits jerseys rather than durene jerseys. In particular, I'd like to know if Jerry West ever wore knit jerseys during his career with the Lakers. I'd really appreciate any help that any other collectors might provide on this topic.

from what I've heard, West wore a knit jersey in his last season with the Lakers which I believe was 73-74

around 93 to 96 there were a ton of bad Lakers jerseys that hit the market...lots of Magics, Kareem, West, Chamberlain and the list goes on...

2 stand out in my mind as being extremely odd...West and Pat Riley...Riley was never a superstar so there shouldn't be many of his jerseys out there...and West supposedly only wore a knit his last season...

but yet there were TONS of both Riley's and knit Wests that were hitting the market...I swear I must have seen 20 of each change hands in a couple year span....Again in this time frame there were probably only a couple homes and roads of each out there

SEnd me a Pm and I can give you a heads up on what to look for

rsox3
07-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi: I'm new to the site, and really appreciate your information about the West jersey. I'm thinking of bidding on a West knit in an auction, and want to make sure I'm going after a good one. Any additional information would be great. Thanks very much.

Bob

rsox3
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
As you suggested, I tried to send a private message for more specific details, but was told you had blocked private messages. Please get back in touch with contact details.

Thanks very much.

lund6771
07-15-2008, 01:13 AM
what is your e-mail?

rsox3
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
My email address is boblieb44@gmail.com