PDA

View Full Version : Question on collecting

jetersbatboy
07-14-2008, 01:11 PM
It your not a serious collector of a player how important is it to get a great GU bat VS a solid bat is it worth spending say $600 more. See I like Griffey but have a chance at a solid bat for $800, but A.M. auction has that great GU10 bat and its going for about $600-800 more. What to do??? What do you guys think???

AWA85
07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice Griffey bats are going for $1,000 or just under. I picked up mine in that range, and so a nice one go on ebay the other night for the same. not sure what you are considering nice but I really don't think you should pay anymore than $1,000 right now.

bigtruck260
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
If you are younger, go with the cheaper bat - as long as it has the right stuff - SO...post pics so we can kick the tires for you.

My outlook has always been to collect for fun rather than value. If I was an investor, I would buck up the extra change for the Mears 10...as it will be easier for you to sell, and authentication fees are built into the price.

If you are buying it because you love Griffey, and want something to keep forever, go with the less expensive model - as long as it passes your sniff test.

A good bat from a player like Jr. should stand on it's own in terms of value and player characteristics...of which, he has many to corroborate.

jetersbatboy
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have bin looking around and Taube has a couple nice bats. Cant really find any cheaper that have bin authenticated. Next ?? Swingman or Red's.....