PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton Home Run Derby

bscott
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Looks like Josh is hitting all those home runs with a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger Ash bat. So much for the Maple.

frikativ54
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Looks like Josh is hitting all those home runs with a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger Ash bat. So much for the Maple.

In which round? ;)

suave1477
07-15-2008, 12:48 AM
I just got back from the Derby and Josh Hamilton was amazing.

BMH
07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I was jumping up and down in front of the TV in the bar like a kid. It was simply amazing. Ash, C353C 34.5/33oz, Smith Ft/ No lacquer bat

jboosted92
07-15-2008, 09:22 AM
I was jumping up and down in front of the TV in the bar like a kid. It was simply amazing. Ash, C353C 34.5/33oz, Smith Ft/ No lacquer bat

Can you make the same bat, with a WONDERBOY and a lighting bolt in it, and market it?

allstarsplus
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM

You got your advertisement for Louisville Slugger ash bats!!!! Congrats!

I was sitting right over the visitor's dugout and got 1 picture of him swinging so hard you can not see the bat at all almost like a fan blade.

I was surprised as he went to homeplate pre-Derby with some other type of bat and posed for the Derby picture and then when it was his turn to bat he did it with a blonde LS and then he used another type of bat it seemed in the All Star game last night.

Why change when you are doing so well????

cjclong
07-16-2008, 02:25 PM
He used both a Hoosier and the blond Louisville Slugger in the All Star Game. He has used I don't know how many different bats with the Rangers this year, sometimes changing from one brand to another in the same game as he did in the All Star Game.

allstarsplus
07-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I was sitting right over the visitor's dugout and got 1 picture of him swinging so hard you can not see the bat at all almost like a fan blade.

Here is the pic---amazing bat speed.

Tedw9
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Watching Josh bat during the Derby was a treat to watch, I can't imagine how much fun it must have been to be there live.

Thats an amazing picture, thanks for sharing it.

allstarsplus
07-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Thats an amazing picture, thanks for sharing it.

This is from my Blog w/ my spliced photo below of the HR Derby Pre-game Press Conference emceed by Karl Ravech of ESPN:

Josh Hamilton accepted an invitation to be a HR Derby participant and seemed to enjoy the 1PM press conference that was delayed by a tardy Chase Utley.

Hamilton sat quietly munching on bananas and drinking his bottled water during the press conference as he was patiently awaiting his time to talk during the Q&A portion.

You wonder if Hamilton knew (or cared) that Sammy Sosa's 524-foot shot in 2002 at Milwaukee's Miller Park ranked as the furthest in Derby history and wouldn't have the distance to leave the cavernous Yankee Stadium as during the Q&A in the spacious ballroom in the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan, the HR Derby participants were thrown a screwball of sorts by a member of the media if it was possible to hit a fair ball out of Yankee Stadium — a feat that never has been done in a game.

A few moments of pause as everyone in the room thought to themselves sarcastically, "yah, sure", then a response from someone in the group was heard as the TV cameras panned to where the voice originated which was from the mouth of Josh Hamilton and then the cameras focused on his face as he continued talking as he was certainly the most animated player on the panel.

The Rangers slugger eschewed 85 years of Yankees Stadium history when he fielded the question, "I think there's a few of us up here that could, {pause with laughter in background} to be honest {he was being serious}. You guys know that little opening, right where you can see the subway? Watch out."

His comments drew laughter, but was a thinly veiled prediction that almost came true.

MUSEOVEN
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Today I Found In My Collection This Old Bat.. This Was A Gift From A Ex Baseball Player Many Yeras Ago.. Enjoy

allstarsplus
07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Today I Found In My Collection This Old Bat.. This Was A Gift From A Ex Baseball Player Many Yeras Ago.. Enjoy

Nice bat!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure if you went to sell it you would fetch top dollars as the Tampa Bay bats are probably rare.

ballofbases@hotmail.com
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Are you looking to sell the Hamilton bat?

Thanks!

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

MUSEOVEN
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Nice bat!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure if you went to sell it you would fetch top dollars as the Tampa Bay bats are probably rare.
HELLO AND THANKS.. WHAT CAN BY THE PRICE OF THIS BAT?.. THANKS:confused: :confused: :confused:

suave1477
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
All Star I cant imagine the Tampa bats being rare since has been involved with them for so long. I am sure as he started even coming up in the Minor League system he had probably stated ordering or the team started ordering "team labled bats" figuring he was gonna be up there any day.

Just a thought.

I know when I met him he had his own Tampa Devil Ray bats and thats when he was in Minor Leagues Single A.

allstarsplus
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
All Star I cant imagine the Tampa bats being rare since has been involved with them for so long. I am sure as he started even coming up in the Minor League system he had probably stated ordering or the team started ordering "team labled bats" figuring he was gonna be up there any day.

Just a thought.

I know when I met him he had his own Tampa Devil Ray bats and thats when he was in Minor Leagues Single A.

I think they are rare because when you are in the Minor Leagues a lot of times there is very little demand so you use the bats until they crack and then throw them in the trash pile.

MUSEOVEN
07-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I Think He Uses That Bat In The Year 2000 When Tampa Bay And The Atlanta Braves Come To Venezuela To Play 2 Games In The Estadio Universitario..

frikativ54
07-19-2008, 02:16 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble buying your story. Weren't they the Tampa Bay DEVIL RAYS when Hamilton was with them? Doesn't your bat only say "Tampa Bay Rays"?