Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerdale
    • Dec 2007

curtis granderson batting helmet help

here's a question I would like some input on. Being a curtis granderson fan,I've always wondered about this helmet. I bought this last year during the season at comerica park in detroit. The authentics department was selling alot of helmets from past season authenticated as "team issued".
    I was told any items authenticated in bulk, after the fact, can only be called team issued since the authenticater didn't see it come off the field.
    the tigers didn't have a full authentics dept until the beginning of 2007.
    this granderson helmet has the "date wheel" inside with '06 & the arrow pointing to 9. It does show some game use & I was wondering what the thoughts were that this could be his playoff & world series helmet. Maybe in september/october he started wearing a new one for any number of reasons. I know in '07 they wore the new style of helmet. Here's the mlb auth code:
    Hologram number BB499566 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under BATTING HELMETS.
    Session Product Description: TEAM ISSUED BATTING HELMET

Additional Information: #28

Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS AUTHENTICATION
    Session Date: April 25, 2007
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

any help is appreciated.......helmet is size 7...I know his hat size is 7 1/4.
    Attached Files
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net
  • staindsox
    • Jun 2006

Re: curtis granderson batting helmet help

I just wanted to comment on the production wheel. I also bought a helmet from the Tigers that was authenticated in bulk. Mine is from the 2006 season, but has a production wheel of August 2006, even though I photomatched it to a May 2006 game. You can't base much on it. I have heard there is a real production date either under the padding or mlb decal or something like that. I'm sure someone else here can better comment on it than me. All I know is that the production wheel doesn't mean too much. You could try photomatching it since there would be plenty of World Series photos. Good luck!

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

Working...