Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Line-Up Cards

I am looking for more information on game-used line-up cards. Are all of them typically auctioned of on http://auctions.mlb.com? Both the home and away versions for each game? Or are they pitched, except for the more historic ones? I can't figure out any rhyme or reason as to which are auctioned off, and which are kept/thrown away.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408
  • OaklandAsFan
    • Sep 2007

Re: Line-Up Cards

I think it is the managers preference. I have gotten several of them through the years after the games. I also have several of the lineup cards that they exchange at homeplate that were given to me after games.

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OaklandAsFan
      I think it is the managers preference. I have gotten several of them through the years after the games. I also have several of the lineup cards that they exchange at homeplate that were given to me after games.
      How do you get them to give them to you? Do you ask? Beg? Plead?

Also, what do the dots next to players names mean?
      Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
        • Sep 2007

well up in Oakland when I was going to almost all the games, after the games if the lineup exchange cards were left in the dugout the security guard would get them and hand them out to people. I forget how I ended up with the actual lineup cards that hang on the wall though I know I got a few from visiting managers as they left the field.

It's easy in Oakland because the players have to walk past you to get to their clubhouse unlike most stadiums where the tunnel is right in the dugout..
        I believe the dots are when a player gets a hit but I could be wrong.

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

For the Braves, I believe every single line-up card is MLB authenticated and sold directly from the Braves. They sell them for $100 a piece either through their e-mail list or at the Clubhouse Store in CNN
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
          http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• orioles03
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OaklandAsFan
            well up in Oakland when I was going to almost all the games, after the games if the lineup exchange cards were left in the dugout the security guard would get them and hand them out to people. I forget how I ended up with the actual lineup cards that hang on the wall though I know I got a few from visiting managers as they left the field.

It's easy in Oakland because the players have to walk past you to get to their clubhouse unlike most stadiums where the tunnel is right in the dugout..
            I believe the dots are when a player gets a hit but I could be wrong.
            the dots are where the players left off in previous inning makes it easier so if manager need to make switch he would know where they are in batting order
            orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

How much would you guys legitimately pay for a game-used lineup card? Who here has bought one or more? What was it, and are you happy with the purchase?
              Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by frikativ54
                How much would you guys legitimately pay for a game-used lineup card? Who here has bought one or more? What was it, and are you happy with the purchase?
                I've collected them for years, mainly detroit tiger ones. Prices very from common game to world series. I like the big dugout ones MLB sells , but also the smaller ones exchanged at home plate. Since they are becomming more common on the market, I would think the prices should drop. the tigers sell theres after every game for 75. I have at least one tiger (the smaller sized ones) one each season for the past 25 years....my oldest dates to back in the 1930's!!
                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• AWA85
                  • Jan 2008

I bought one reds line up card, the large MLB type and this was before I did any research so I think I ended up paying about 40 or 45 for just a regular game. That is a little higher than I would want to pay now that I know price ranges, but it is signed by former coach Jack McKeon, so that is an added bonus.
                  Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• Tedw9
                    • Jul 2007

I bought a line up card a couple of years ago from the Yawkey Way Store across from Fenway. I had been there before and purchased a game used ball for $50 and upon doing research, I found out which game it was used in. On my next trip down, I was able to get the line up card from the same game so they will make a nice display together. At that time, I paid $125 for the card, only because I had a ball from the game.

Now Steiner handles all the Sox items and the cheapest card is $350, with some much higher.

Comment

• godwulf
                      • Aug 2007

I've bought the lineup cards from the home dugout at the Chase Field Team Shop a few times. They usually sell them for $50 or so, but then they'll have a lot of unsold ones pile up on them occasionally and they'll have a sale, and you can pick them up for $15-20.

I've also bought minor league lineup cards for next to nothing - pretty cool, when the players listed on them are the guys playing in the Majors now.

I bought the lineup card from the U.S. dugout, from the last game of the Olympic qualifying tournament in 2006, the U.S. vanquishing of Cuba in Havana, directly from Team USA, and it cost me several hundred dollars, but I happen to think that it's probably the most historically important item in my entire Baseball collection, and I'd have paid whatever I had to to get it. I considered having a couple of the players listed on it sign the thing, but in the end I decided that it was better "as is".
                      Jeff
                      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• pietraynor
                        • Nov 2005

I have purchased several in the past from the Indians, the larger dugout style. Personally, I like these better. Some had the MLB hologram, while others didn't. Jay.

Comment

• cyd64
                          • Jul 2008

I have a few minor league line up cards from some Major Leaguers rehabbing. If anyone is interested email me gameusedmemorabilia@gmail.com

Rehabs include:

Estaban Loaiza 5-19-08 (Dodgers "A" affiliate)
                          Jason Schmidt 5-26-08(Dodgers "A" affiliate)
                          Jason Schmidt 5-31-08 (both home and visitors LU cards) (Dodgers & Red Sox "A" affiliates)
                          Dustin Mosely & Macir Izturus 5-12-08 (Angels "A" vs. Dodgers "A" affiliate)

Comment

• cyd64
                            • Jul 2008

Other 2 Line Up cards in my post are from Bobby Kielt rehab on 5-29-08 --- I have both the home and visitors line up cards from that game.

7 total

Comment

• 70to66
                              • Sep 2007

I was in St. Louis at the old busch stadium for a interleague game between the Indians and Cardinals and after the game I was standing behind the dugout and the line-up card came flying over the top of the dugout in front of me. I took it and it has Mcgwire and Jim Thome both listed on it.
                              70to66

Comment

Working...