PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette

skyking26
07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Was wondering how everybody felt in this situation: Over the many years you develop a friendship with a series of collectors with mutual interest. From time to time you have an item you think they may be interested in, so you send them an email indicating price and availablity. I am always taken aback at how often I get NO RESPONSE. Not sure what you guys think, but reaching up to the reply key and indicating no interest would take just seconds rather than no response. Sometimes I wonder why I bother...

RK

whatupyos
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Bob,

Good point. Its always nice to reply. I always appreciate it, and I try and return the same. Just out of respect. I might not be timely, but its my intention to always reply back.

Aaron

cjmedina1
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Bob

Its always nice to reply.... So if your trying to get rid of some MAC game used items feel free to email me :D

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

metsbats
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
etiquette

I would call it common courtesy too.

I agee Robert.

skyking26
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
You guys would be shocked at the rate that I get no reply. Guy asked me to put a hold on a bat for him in March. Heading to the National in 10 days and have send several emails that I'd like payment so I can get it for him - no reply. Unreal. Gets under my skin something awful - but I am a communication guy. It's one thing when you are busy, but no response at all?? Please...

skyking26
07-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Bob

Its always nice to reply.... So if your trying to get rid of some MAC game used items feel free to email me :D

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net
I wish I had something else up your alley to sell, I need the money.

AWA85
07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree it can be very frustrating and even more so if you are a frequent email checker like myself.

One thing that I may be guilty of is getting a few emails mixed up. I sometimes will be talking to 7 or more people all about Reds items and I forget who has what or what I have told a certain person and not another. Maybe I shouldn't delete all my old emails so fast! :rolleyes:

scottanservitz
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
No doubt I am with everyone on this topic. Just reply and say thanks or no thanks. It rates up there with people not returning phone calls....that bugs me too!

Scott

AWA85
07-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Mark, I shot you another email. Let me know if you don't get this one.

camarokids
07-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I just the other day took the time to attach pictures , descriptions and prices of some gloves I was willing to sell . I sent this email to two members and never received a word :confused:.....

A simple no thanks would work :rolleyes:....