PDA

View Full Version : Becareful of seller of this strawberry bat!!!!

suave1477
03-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I am not saying the bat is fake!!!

Here is the item he is selling!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARRYL-STRAWBERRY-GAME-USED-1998-YANKEES-BAT_W0QQitemZ8776603605QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

I won about a month ago a game used darryl strawberry bat from him i just got it today!!!!
He tried to keep my money!!! I sent him
the payment right away after i won the item. then he
leaves me negative feedback saying i never paid and said he
tried contacting me and he got no response ( not true) meanwhile he moved and the payment got there a little late cuz he had his adsress changed i sent him an email before he left the feedback letting him know.
after the feedback he sends me an email giving me his
new address ( So how did i not respond ). after i got the negative feedback i emailed him and called his hoouse for 2 weeks and he
ignored me and i even spoke to his wife and he never
called me back so i sent him an email threatening him that i would file a complaint of theft with his local
police. Wouldn't you know i got a email the very next
day that he found my payment and that he'll send my
bat out!!!! Its amazing it just appeared like a
miracle!!!!!! Since then i asked him about 5 times why
he ignored my emails and calls and still wont answer
that question!!!!

LIKE I SAID BE VERY CAREFUL WITH HIM!!!!

If you are bidding on it now i would suggest retract your bid otherwise you might not see your money or your bat.

suave1477
05-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey Guys!!! Hes back again!!! I am just warning everyone of this seller, BE VERY CAREFUL.

Here is his new listing!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARRYL-STRAWBERRY-Game-Used-New-York-METS-BAT-1988_W0QQitemZ8820437922QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

flaco1801
05-30-2006, 04:52 PM
some people have nerve huh?

Kid4hof03
05-30-2006, 04:55 PM
I have no question that Jason had a bad experience but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in as I don't believe this post is fair in any way. Mike (the seller) is as good as gold, his Darryl Strawberry game used collection was absolutely unbelievable before he started selling it off a couple of years ago. If you see anything Strawberry from Mike don't even hesitate. I've had more than a few great deals with him over the years.

Abe

metsbats
05-30-2006, 05:59 PM
That is correct Abe. Several years ago Mike was selling some nice pieces from his Strawberry collection. I did a transaction with him and it was smooth. I still have Darryl's 86 World Series bat in my collection today.

David

flaco1801
05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
some people think nothing of thrashing others but when it happens to them watch em cry. do unto others is a good motto to live by. this is beginning to become a slow moving chat room. :(

suave1477
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Flaco I didnt thrash anyone here if others had a good expeirience with this seller then thats great. I had my own expeirience with this seller which in no way went good. All I did is explain the facts of the transaction and you can judge for yourself from there.

NOR DID I POST THAT HIS ITEMS ARE FAKE!!! if you read what I wrote in the first line I said I am not saying his items are fake.

All I was saying was to members of this forum is to be careful. I only did what I am supposed to do and try to help my fellow members here. If we do not try to help each other out then what is the purpose of this forum?????????????

flaco1801
05-30-2006, 09:12 PM
and you didnt like when someone brought up their terrible experience with you. so i think its best you shouldnt throw stones.

mr.miracle
05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Just so I am clear on this issue, exactly how would you like Mr. Suave to address concerns about an item or seller or buyer for that matter? If he had a very bad experience with this seller and by other accounts it appears to be isolated at least so far, it is in the best interest of all forum members to be informed about these types of incidents. It appears that Mr. Suave has made numerous attempts to contact the seller to no avail. If the seller is a member of this forum and has anything to add then let him answer accordingly. Otherwise, I am not sure how exactly this is slamming somebody when any of us that were in the same situation as Mr. Suave would likely be just as frustrated assuming everything occured as Mr. Suave indicated. As long as it is done in a fair manner, I appreciate the heads up that forum members give in relation to transactions good and bad that they have had with sellers and buyers alike. If somebody could enlighten us as to how exactly bad deals should be addressed differently, I am all ears.

Brett

metsbats
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
We all need to hear the good and the bad. I absolutely agree. I"m sorry Jason had a bad experience while Abe and I had good experiences. Forum members should know about both good and bad and no matter what proceed with caution always.

-David

Kid4hof03
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure that I agree that this forum is a place to publicly complain about difficult transactions. I understand the need to "police" and hold accountable but this is a situation in which a reliable seller did not provide an item in a timely fashion. In the end Jason got his bat and the seller added this statement to the ebay feedback "Reply by authenticprosports: Payment was lost in mail. Buyer was very honest and very responsive. My apology!"

Maybe I'm wrong about this because I've had many good transactions with this seller but I just don't see this as someone that everyone should be careful with. I sold a few items on the forum a couple of months ago, the seller took over 3 weeks to send payment after telling me twice that "it will be sent in a couple of days", should I have come on here and let him have it? I really don't think so. We all make mistakes, sometimes I think that we should give each other the benefit of the doubt, especially when it simply is a case of slow delivery and poor service.

Abe

mr.miracle
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
I would agree with that at least to a degree. If the person knows the seller or buyer or knows that they for instance are a member of this forum and have done business with other members that makes sense. However, in this day and age when you have to cast a wayward glance at everyone and everybody due to the high level of dirty dogs out there that are trying to make a quick buck on a bogus item, I think anybody is right to view any transaction suspiciously. I don't know the exact details between the seller of this item and Mr. Suave nor do I really care, but according to Mr. Suave, the seller was repeatedly contacted by Suave and yet never replied. As a simple matter of common curtousy, it seems that the seller would reply at some point in some fashion if what Mr. Suave is claiming is true. All I can say is with all the fake items and unscrupulous individuals patroling ebay, one can never be too careful. This is in no way saying that the Strawberry seller is not a very upstanding individual however, it is just a matter of common sense.

suave1477
05-31-2006, 10:53 PM
MrMiracle I would like to thank you for stepping up on my behalf and and helping making my point. I appreciate it and your thoughts were mine exactly.

Metsbats I appreciate you chiming in also as good or bad we should all learn.

metsbats
06-01-2006, 06:39 AM
Abe, You make a good point. In the end Jason did get his bat so the alert may have been unwarranted. However if someone is truly ripping people off I think we should be alerted. Having been ripped off 2 times during the last 2 years to a tune of $800 I'd appreciate if someone alerted me to a seller that is doing this. Additionally the feedback that a seller has received on ebay is usually a great indicator whether you will have problem or not.

-David

suave1477
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
but this is a situation in which a reliable seller did not provide an item in a timely fashion. In the end Jason got his bat and the seller added this statement to the ebay feedback "Reply by authenticprosports: Payment was lost in mail. Buyer was very honest and very responsive. My apology!"

Maybe I'm wrong about this because I've had many good transactions with this seller but I just don't see this as someone that everyone should be careful with. I sold a few items on the forum a couple of months ago, the seller took over 3 weeks to send payment after telling me twice that "it will be sent in a couple of days", should I have come on here and let him have it? I really don't think so. We all make mistakes, sometimes I think that we should give each other the benefit of the doubt, especially when it simply is a case of slow delivery and poor service.

Abe

Abe on this one your completely wrong!!!

You said this is a situtation with a (reliable) seller

1) what makes him reliable? have i dealt with him before NO or was I there in the past to witness your transactions NO so I cannot say he is reliable.
2) You say its a case of not getting an item in a timely fashion WRONG AGAIN!! did you read what i wrote the only reason I got the item bcuz after he ignored all my emails and phone calls and spoke to his wife I threatened him with going to the authorities and he responded right back.
So it took weeks of trying to get any kind of response until i threatened him to make something happen.

You said you dealt with someone in the past who kept saying they were going to pay you and eventually they did. AT LEAST YOU SPOKE TO THEM!!! He completely ignored me!!!

As far as his feedback he left that was you pointed out one part why didnt you point out the rest of it
This was his orignal feedback left for me AFTER IGNORING MY EMAILS AND CALLS http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconNeg_16x16.gifNever paid for item and does not respond to email notices
I find it funny I didnt respond when i spoke to the guys wife!!!!

Again yes this warrants for anyone to be careful!!!!

Kid4hof03
06-01-2006, 11:59 AM
"You said you dealt with someone in the past who kept saying they were going to pay you and eventually they did. AT LEAST YOU SPOKE TO THEM!!! He completely ignored me!!!"

Jason,
Your wrong about that, the person ignored my e-mails as well, only responed after I sent 3 or 4 over a week's time, he was very busy with work but still posted on the forum everyday.

Abe