PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fest MLB Authentication

Tedw9
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I know we have discussed MLB authentication and how slowly they put items in the database. But I was just checking a hologram on a ball I am bidding on from Ebay and it was signed LAST WEEK at Fan Fest! Not all the names are in yet, it seems to be hit and miss on who signed the item, but the hologram numbers are showing up as being in the database.

Maybe this is because MLB had preloaded some of the numbers? I know the guy who authenticated my ball had a roll of holograms and some sort of checklist on paper he was using.

Either way, I'm impressed with how fast the items are appearing in the database compared with the past. Maybe MLB has heard enough compaints about how it was run and has finally streamlined things so that they will appear in a fairly reasonable time.

tigerdale
07-20-2008, 09:14 AM
they have gotten SO MUCH better this year at getting items in quick....my only problem is still trying to get old numbers from a few years back to still show up.

Tedw9
07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Have you tried emailing them? I had that problem a couple of years back, sent an email (along with a few suggestions) and got a reply saying my items would be bumped up. Within a week or two, they appeared.

tigerdale
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Have you tried emailing them? I had that problem a couple of years back, sent an email (along with a few suggestions) and got a reply saying my items would be bumped up. Within a week or two, they appeared.
I have tried, my latest response is please be patient, this may take awhile...I waited a month, replied again & now they haven't answered....hopefully they're just busy w/ all the all-star stuff right now.