PDA

View Full Version : MLB Database.....Hologram Guessing Game???

PudgePollyMillerFan
07-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I am interested in purchasing what is suppose to be a game worn helmet of a Detroit Tigers star player......however.....when I run the MLB Hologram ## through their system I get this......how am I suppose to know it is the players helmet I want????

Hologram number BB667347 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BATTING HELMET.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS ORGANIZATIONAL SIGNING
Session Date: September 26, 2007
Autographer

frikativ54
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Perhaps that was when it was signed by the player. I would contact Customer Service and find out what the deal is. Good luck!

-Frik

tigerdale
07-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I am interested in purchasing what is suppose to be a game worn helmet of a Detroit Tigers star player......however.....when I run the MLB Hologram ## through their system I get this......how am I suppose to know it is the players helmet I want????

Hologram number BB667347 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BATTING HELMET.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS ORGANIZATIONAL SIGNING
Session Date: September 26, 2007
Autographer
you do have to be careful, I know they had players last year sign "game used" helmets, but that doesn't mean they were THERE OWN game used helmets. I'm in the same boat on a few items. Organizational & team issued are a couple of "blanket" terms used to cover a lot of areas. To me, mlb should stay away from blanket term because of the confusion it can cause.

kylehess10
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
you do have to be careful, I know they had players last year sign "game used" helmets, but that doesn't mean they were THERE OWN game used helmets. I'm in the same boat on a few items. Organizational & team issued are a couple of "blanket" terms used to cover a lot of areas. To me, mlb should stay away from blanket term because of the confusion it can cause.

That is 100% correct. I've seen this before and I believe the helmet you are looking at is indeed a signed game used helmet of an unknown player. I've seen this same mistake be made about a year ago on eBay for a few game worn helmets on eBay from the Futures game. Collector's definitely have to watch out for this.