PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT: Best Way to Sell Tickets

frikativ54
07-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I have two tickets (in two separate locations) that I bought at Astros.com for the Craig Biggio jersey retirement this August 17th. I got them electronically.

Unfortunately, the hotel prices are so ridiculous that I am unable to attend the games. So - I am looking to deal these tickets. Where is the best place to sell them? Stubhub? eBay? Another venue?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AWA85
07-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I think ebay is a fairly easy way to sell tickets. I know that is the first place I usually go to buy tickets.

trsent
07-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I have two tickets (in two separate locations) that I bought at Astros.com for the Craig Biggio jersey retirement this August 17th. I got them electronically.

Unfortunately, the hotel prices are so ridiculous that I am unable to attend the games. So - I am looking to deal these tickets. Where is the best place to sell them? Stubhub? eBay? Another venue?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I use both eBay and StubHub. I believe you can list on StubHub and if you sell the item on eBay first, you can notify them when they tell you your item sold with no penalty so you are not committed.

I also generally use fixed prices for tickets on eBay as I have found auction format often doesn't end up with the true market price.

allstarsplus
07-20-2008, 12:13 PM
StubHub is owned by eBay and guess what---StubHub is the the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of MLB.com. At the beginning of the season, MLB had shut down my eBay listings when showing pics that they said violated trademarks so I switched to StubHub.

I never used StubHub to sell before and now I am doing only StubHub and it is GREAT!!! So easy and if you are a Season Ticket holder as I am you can transfer tickets electronically up to game time.