PDA

View Full Version : BERNIE WILLIAMS GAME WORN JERSEY for $275.!

hblakewolf
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
This seller is by no means new to Ebay, and is it just me or is it hard to believe he'd offer a Bernie gamer for only $275.!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Williams-New-York-Yankees-Game-Used-Authentic-Jersey_W0QQitemZ230145117424QQihZ013QQcategoryZ249 04QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1996 road gamers should also have the usual tag in the tail that has the players' last name, size, and year, correct?

Such a deal!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

karamaxjoe
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
But Howard, you should read his about me page. He sounds like a reputable guy:

IF YOU NEED A JERSEY, MY ODDS ARE GREATER THAN ANYONE'S IN GETTING IT. DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS MLB, NBA, OR NFL....PRO-CUT, TEAM-ISSUED, PLAYER-ISSUED, GAME-USED.......IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER CAUSE IF I DON'T HAVE IT, I KNOW WHO DOES.....ANYHOW, GIVE ME A TRY AND I AM SURE I WILL BE SELLING TO YOU FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ALSO, DUE TO ALL THE FAKES OUT THERE, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HAD AND RIPPED OFF BY A FELLOW EBAYER, CONTACT ME FOR BOTH

jwasserman
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I like how it's a road jersey and all his pics show Bernie in his home uniform

dcrules01
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I belong to another newsgroup.The seller is famous for buying blanks and customizing them and then reselling.So my guess is it was a team issued he bought for nothing and customized it into a Williams. It is ashame the person who bought it thinks they won a gamer and are on cloud 9.Maybe sofa can hook up with Lampson and get the proper documentation..:rolleyes:

MRMusial
07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Check the wording in the auction description:
You are bidding a very rare, 1996 game-used authentic New York Yankees road jersey of Bernie Williams # 51
It states game-used (which it very well may be) but it doesn't say it was game used by Bernie Williams. It states game used jersey of Bernie Williams #51, which would still be true if it were game worn by someone else but the number later altered to Bernie's #51.

I don't know the seller but, if I assume what I surmised to be true, is not dishonest, just very misleading, IMO.

As always, caveat emptor.