PDA

View Full Version : Pippen- best item ive come across

mmonte4
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Scottie-Pippen-Game-Used-Worn-Dream-Team-Olympic-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8776740784QQcategoryZ50135QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

im not sure how this could be anything but authentic

hblakewolf
03-08-2006, 07:21 AM
These 1992 Olympic jerseys appeared in quite a few auctions after the event. Every one of them was claimed to have been worn, however, it simply could not have been the case. I remember North Shore Sports having just about every player from the Dream Team available, and not just once! Likewise, these jerseys have surfaced a few times on Ebay as well. The bottom line-Champion must have made quite a few extras that are correctly tagged and are now being offered as gamers.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

mmonte4
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
well, i didnt like how he gave such a short description. i emailed him inquiring about the items history and its "impeccable source." Ill keep the board updated.

both-teams-played-hard
03-08-2006, 12:45 PM
The bottom line-Champion must have made quite a few extras that are correctly tagged and are now being offered as gamers.

1990s Champion NBA basketball jerseys are IMPOSSIBLE to authenticate for this reason. . Buy common players!

suave1477
03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
1990s Champion NBA basketball jerseys are IMPOSSIBLE to authenticate for this reason. . Buy common players!

Ok I am a bit confused by this statement, You are saying they are impossible to auhenticate for this reason, and then you put buy common players? That doesn't make sense!!

If you are referring to you are safer with buying a common player jersey thats not true!!!
If you are saying something different please explain?

Also just a word of advice the olympic team didnt have any common players, They were all Super Star players, that's why they were in the olypmics!!! So as your comment to buy common players? Where do you get those jerseys if there werent any common players and if you have some can you please post pictures of them?

both-teams-played-hard
03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Also just a word of advice the olympic team didnt have any common players, They were all Super Star players, that's why they were in the olypmics!!!

Don't be a smart-ass...I invented that! I was speaking of regular NBA Champion-made basketball jerseys.
Suave-
Doesn't it seem it would be less likely to have a forged jersey of a bench-warmer? I mean, shouldn't a "senior member" know this?

suave1477
03-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Doesn't it seem it would be less likely to have a forged jersey of a bench-warmer? I mean, shouldn't a "senior member" know this?

Well as far as saying a senior member I assume you are referring to yourself - How about this George Bush is President but sure as hell doesnt seem like he knows what hes doing.

Just bcuz your a senior member here doesnt mean a thing!!!

On top of that many senior members here have told you quite the oppostite from you. That there could be just as many fakes out there as a super star just based on the fact of people like you who would be more willing/open to buying it.

Maybe you should become a junior member a learn along with the rest of us lol lol lol:D

nate
03-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Suave, you have "senior member" under your name so I believe he was referring to you. Not sure why the President is being thrown into the mix. If I were purchasing a Champion jersey that did not have an "impeccable source" I understand my risk would be less that I would find a fake Travis Knight jersey than a Larry Bird. It is interesting to know that Champion duplicated Pro Cut jerseys for their Olympic jerseys as well. Thanks Howard for the tip.

Take care,

Nate

suave1477
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks Nate i didnt even realize i was up graded to Senior. Very Cool!!! In that case forget what I said before and Yes Senior Members know everything lol lol lol:D :D :D

trsent
03-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Once you hit like 100 posts, you become a Senior Member.

It doesn't mean a thing except that you post too much.

Now, my photos for today:

First, me and Scottie Pippen at a private autograph session years ago:

Scottie didn't want to be there that day, but we cranked about 2000 autographs from him so we did our job.

Next, if you ever see a Michael Jordan jersey autographed by Scottie Pippen, do not assume it is fake:

Finally, since you guys made me look though all these photos I have lying around, has anyone see this girl? Last I heard she was in Maryland, but she was born and raised in Memphis, TN. Email me if you have any leads:

Oh by the way, I do not know if the USA Pippen jersey is genuine.

hblakewolf
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Once you hit like 100 posts, you become a Senior Member.

It doesn't mean a thing except that you post too much.

Now, my photos for today:

First, me and Scottie Pippen at a private autograph session years ago:

Scottie didn't want to be there that day, but we cranked about 2000 autographs from him so we did our job.

Next, if you ever see a Michael Jordan jersey autographed by Scottie Pippen, do not assume it is fake:

Finally, since you guys made me look though all these photos I have lying around, has anyone see this girl? Last I heard she was in Maryland, but she was born and raised in Memphis, TN. Email me if you have any leads:

Oh by the way, I do not know if the USA Pippen jersey is genuine.

Joel-
Forget about the Pippen stories....I'm grabbing my car keys and driving to Maryland!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
03-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Joel-
Forget about the Pippen stories....I'm grabbing my car keys and driving to Maryland!

Howard, she ruined three years of my life, got back together with her ex-husband and last I heard just had twins. I just have some unfinished business with her.

encinorick
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I misspoke about these things, but wasn't the American Olympic basketball uniforms made by a Japanese firm? I remember seeing a game issued Jordan's Olympic jersey awhile ago in an auction.

both-teams-played-hard
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I misspoke about these things, but wasn't the American Olympic basketball uniforms made by a Japanese firm? I remember seeing a game issued Jordan's Olympic jersey awhile ago in an auction.

Descente made USA jerseys for Olympics ('84, "88) and Pan American Games throughout the 80s. I think, 1992 was the first year for Champion.