PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton Hr Derby Balls Mlb Auction

tone1316
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I missed the end of the Hamilton hr ball and out ball on the mlb auction website... does anybody know how much they went for... did anyone here win them? Also.. has there been any word on what happened to the bat from the HR derby...? Is it being auctioned, or did it already?

suave1477
07-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Tone I was watching those myself but I stopped after I saw the HR Ball hit 3k

I don't know why but it seemed all the items from that auction went agressivly high.

I won a few items from last weeks auction and paid 1/4 of what those went for and mine were from better players. I was a bit shocked at why these went so high.
The funny part is I am sure MLB is going to be listing a lot more items from the game and all those people went crazy bidding on that stuff is probably thinking thats all that is going to be offered. I mean MLB could only offer those and maybe nothing else. But i saw MLB collecting many many balls during the game so I am sure they are going to list more. They are probably just doing a little bit at a time to try to squeeze as much out of the bidders as possible by causing frenzies over the items.

I rather sit and wait and see what else they list

As far as the bat I am sure he probably kept it but as far as MLB has not auctioned it off yet.

tigerdale
07-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I'll check when i get home, I had that one bookmarked. I'll post when i can look & see the price. I got good deals onthe one before to, a magglio ordonez gold ball for the opening bid of 75!!!

suave1477
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Tigerdale wow thats a great deal!!

nomarmauerfan
07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I was following a Morneau Gold HR Derby ball and that ended last night for $1610. And, it wasn't even a HR!!!! How nice it would be to have that kind of money....

Mike

tone1316
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I dunno.. in my opinion that is crazy money for a ball, personally at 3k plus that ball would be at the bottom of my want list.. you could get way more value out of your 3000.00 (my opinion)

orioles03
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
when tejada was on the all star team in pittsburgh he brought back some gold balls for all the clubhouse staff we each got one mine has some marks on it but he would always bring back something each time hewas on the all star team .what value would i put on the ball it is unsigned?

suave1477
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Orioles03 thats a hard call because judging by what last weeks sold for and this weeks there are at such different ends of the spectrum.

Last weeks balls were selling from the $75 to $200 range

This weeks balls were going from $200 to $3000+ range

So its a hard call but I would say most likely since yours comes from around the same period of last weeks, just off the top of my head I would say the Tejada is probably in the $150 range

orioles03
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Orioles03 thats a hard call because judging by what last weeks sold for and this weeks there are at such different ends of the spectrum.

Last weeks balls were selling from the $75 to $200 range

This weeks balls were going from $200 to $3000+ range

So its a hard call but I would say most likely since yours comes from around the same period of last weeks, just off the top of my head I would say the Tejada is probably in the $150 range
thanks, i never understood why people would pay $3000 for an all star ball when so many are used for one game.maybe if i get the ball signed by ryan howard it would be worth more thanks again
pat
orioles03@verizon.net

suave1477
07-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Orioles well I can understand the balls selling for a bit more that were hit byy Hamilton as he set the record for the most HR's in the first round but the numbers were getting out of hand.

I am curious the gold ball that you have was that from when Tejada won the HR Derby?

orioles03
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Orioles well I can understand the balls selling for a bit more that were hit byy Hamilton as he set the record for the most HR's in the first round but the numbers were getting out of hand.

I am curious the gold ball that you have was that from when Tejada won the HR Derby?
no, 2006 pittsburgh, he was in the hr derby in 2004,2005

tigerdale
07-24-2008, 06:28 PM
hamiltons went for 3505 & justins gold ball 1610.

tone1316
07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Tigerdale... Thats Crazy Money... Was It A Forum Member That Bought It??? Does Anyone Know???